Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: The Blackwell Legacy - Nice Work, Folks  (Read 5096 times)

Elspeth

The Blackwell Legacy - Nice Work, Folks
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »
Many thanks to Mr Gilbert and team for such a lovingly detailed and entertaining game. (By the way, what's up with the boys' club? Aren't there any gals out there with pixel fetishes?)

Anyway, you guys really got this one right. Chen's voice is pitched perfectly, conversations are informative but not too wordy, characters are sympathetic and individual. I love Kelly and her PMS -- bring on the spin-off. And yeah, the AGI graphics are sexy. They have an old-school charm that blows all the "3-D graphics" nonsense that hit adventure games out of the water.

Regarding gameplay: I found the puzzles were rewarding, rather than frustrating. I liked what happened when I re-examined photographs. I don't mind admitting that I found the scenes in the dog park genuinely creepy -- I'll never look at Washington Square Park the same way again.

Okay, enough love. I must mention that $15 felt a tad pricey for the length of the game (I wanted more). I suppose you know those of us who've played this first episode are hooked now, and will cough up for the next in the series.

Congrats and thanks again for the fun,

Els

custard

Re: The Blackwell Legacy - Nice Work, Folks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:11:01 AM »
And yeah, the AGI graphics are sexy.

Sweet sweet AGI graphics, now I want an AGI version of The Blackwell Legacy!

Get to it dave! ;)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:21:13 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Elspeth.  I know what you mean about Washington Square.  I brought my dog there at 2am once and the place was freaking freaky.  I'll pass on your comments to the voice actors.  But by "Chen" are you referring to the leading lady Sande Chen?  Or the supporting actress Chen-Yung Hsu (who played Kelly and Alli)?

Elspeth

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:18:44 PM »

Sweet sweet AGI graphics, now I want an AGI version of The Blackwell Legacy!

Get to it dave! ;)

Hey Custard, let's settle on "retro" and call the whole thing off :D.

My post referred to Sande Chen as the voice of Rosa. I like the way she  slurs "T"s into "D"s  ("What's dis?") and her gently sarcastic tone. I also like the Ms. Hsu's delivery of Kelly's put-downs and Alli's rhymes. I appreciate you passing on the compliments.