Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Bugs in Legacy  (Read 6483 times)

Offline Roisack

• View Profile
Bugs in Legacy
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
Heyas.

I just got myself to purchase the series, and played the first two games. Looking good! However, I encountered two bugs in Legacy which I didn't find by searching or googling, and both of them prevented me from finishing the game. I didn't find a bug thread here, nor a way to report bugs, so I'll be dropping them here.

Spoiler warning!

In the scene where you need to use the phone and call Joey in the dorm, I first went through the dialogue without knowing what the solution to the puzzle was. This naturally dropped me out from the dialogue with him, and the call was over. I later on, attempting to solve the puzzle, picked the phone again and called Joey. This time all I got was the protagonist calling out Joey's name twice, to which Joey responded with the line: "..." and the call ended. There were no dialogue options with Joey, and ultimately I had to restart the game.

On my re-play I encountered an another bug. In the scene where Rosa just finished writing the article and Joey is about to appear, and the photo should start blinking, the game dropped out from the cutscene and I was able to control the character. If I tried pressing the bedroom door, I got the message going something like: "I have to get this article written before sleeping." I tried all sorts of things, but nothing worked.

I was forced to restart again. This time too I encountered the same Joey appereance bug. I then went on to watch an LP for the game on Youtube, and got to see all the solutions. Nothing was different from what I had done.

The second game worked fine, and I found no bugs there. Just felt like reporting these as there appear to be no mentions of them anywhere.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs in Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Thanks for pointing those out!  You're right, those were never reported anywhere.  This summer we are going to go through our back catalog and bring all our previous games up to date with the current version of AGS (so we can compile mac versions!).  When we do that, we'll see about fixing these bugs.  Thanks for reporting them!

Offline Luna Sevithiainen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »
I'd like to hijack this thread for another possible bug in Legacy my girlfriend encountered. Although I am still not 100% sure this is a bug in Legacy and not her keyboard or something like that, I thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case other players have encountered this one as well, or in case it is something easy to solve.

Sometimes, and we think that is related to alt-tabbing to other windows and back, the dialogue skips by fast. Really fast. As if she were constantly pressing the Enter-key (which was not the case btw :P). It has happened multiple times in Legacy, but not in other applications. As a reference, we have exactly the same laptop with the same specs, and beta testing Deception never gave me any of these problems.

Any ideas whether this would be a bug in Legacy or something else? And did anyone else encounter this?

Offline llichte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »
I am actually stuck at the Joey puzzle myself.  I can't seem to get the game to give me the option to request a performance.  Do I need to fulfill some condition beforehand?

EDIT:  And the instant I post about it, I figured out what I was doing wrong.  Sorry!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:09:14 PM by llichte »

Offline Inactiviste

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »
In the scene where you need to use the phone and call Joey in the dorm, I first went through the dialogue without knowing what the solution to the puzzle was. This naturally dropped me out from the dialogue with him, and the call was over. I later on, attempting to solve the puzzle, picked the phone again and called Joey. This time all I got was the protagonist calling out Joey's name twice, to which Joey responded with the line: "..." and the call ended. There were no dialogue options with Joey, and ultimately I had to restart the game.

I'm having that exact same bug.  :(

Ort maybe I'm doing it wrong ?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
Have you tried clicking on Joey after picking up the phone?

Offline Inactiviste

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Yep, but even if I "inquire for distraction", Joey won't do a thing to help me out. And then, when I've used up all the conversation topics with him, I'm stuck.

Offline C.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »
I'll just share a bug I found as well, haven't been able to reproduce it though:

Spoiler Warning!
-------------------
In the hospital when you turn the fuse off and go hide, the guard never came looking for me. Eventually I left the hiding spot and went out the door and it wasn't until then that he started moving, spotting me. The speech stopped playing though and as I was directed to the elevator then all of a sudden a random line of speech by Rosa was played, can't remember exactly where from though, but I'd heard it before earlier in the game.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
Yep, but even if I "inquire for distraction", Joey won't do a thing to help me out. And then, when I've used up all the conversation topics with him, I'm stuck.

Did you speak to Joey about his special powers while in Rosa's apartment? (e.g., did he show you what his power is?)

Offline Inactiviste

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 04:36:56 AM »
That was it, thanks for the help Dave. So it's not a bug, I'm the bugger !  :P

The walkthroughs I looked up when I got stuck didn't mention that step, and I guess I didn't think about coming back to the appartment to talk to Joey.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »
That was it, thanks for the help Dave. So it's not a bug, I'm the bugger !  :P

The walkthroughs I looked up when I got stuck didn't mention that step, and I guess I didn't think about coming back to the appartment to talk to Joey.

Heh.  The walkthroughs all neglect to mention this step.  Or if they do, it's somewhere else within the walkthrough and doesn't directly describe what it's for.

Anyway, I'm gathering all the bug reports!  Thanks so much.