Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Cute game!  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Rognik

• View Profile
Cute game!
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »
I just downloaded the demo of the game from Big Fish games (out today), and I have to say that the game is quite cute. The puzzles are actually pretty easy to solve, after a little bit of experimenting. I got all the way to the castle stage before the hour was up, and even then, I got up to the catapult part.

And now, some feedback:
1. Is there a bonus item in every stage? If so, is there a way to go back and get items you missed in a previous stage after beating the game, or would you need to restart.

2. The tabs at the bottom were a nice touch, but they obscured the screen a little bit. On the boat stage, I dropped the wrapper behind the Ibi tab, and almost couldn't pick it up again. Luckily, that wasn't a problem, but it had potential to make things worse.

3. I sort of remember in the previews leading up to the game that there were going to be voices for the robots. In the game, though, they're all digitally beeping to one another. Why the change?

4. The only puzzle I really found challenging was the Ultrabot fish. It wasn't so much that I couldn't figure out what I needed to do, but how to manipulate the item properly. I don't know if there's a second puzzle like that in the game, but a demo would've been helpful in the training stages. Especially as the hint for that area was useless to that problem.

That game is great otherwise. I'm just about to buy it, so I'll be able to give more info later on the other parts. None of the things above are really big problems, but hopefully it'll provide helpful information for future games. :)

ps. LOVE the sad Yuriko.