Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: 4th Blackwell game?  (Read 18267 times)

Offline DoogieAT

• View Profile
Re: 4th Blackwell game?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »
Lately, I've been following up on some upcoming games that interest me. It's good to see that Deception is still in progress. Years ago, I pre-ordered Legacy and Unbound for the nice incentives (autographed picture by Sande Chen for Legacy and soundtracks for each). I don't know if there was anything special offered for pre-ordering Convergence, as I got busy/sidetracked and didn't purchase it until this year. I will pre-order Deception as soon as it is offered. It will be especially nice if a pre-order incentive is offered; however, I'll pre-order it regardless.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
Thanks!  For Convergence I kind of rushed into the pre-orders so I didn't make any incentives.  I made some pre-order deals for Puzzle Bots and Gemini Rue, and those turned out to be quite successful, so I'll be doing something similar for Deception. 

Offline Jackie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
I tried again and this time they loaded into the right program. 
I know that I am sitting on pin and needles waiting for another test version.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:25:23 PM by Jackie »

Offline Livie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
Wahey! Not only was a bone thrown, it still had meat on it! ;D I really loved the first clip, the voice actors convey so much of the easy familiarity between Rosa and Joey. Thank you!

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 11:02:49 AM »
Oh great! I have to laugh at Rosa talking to the police officer ... I can almost see the scene already, it's so Rosa. Frankly, I was beginning to lose interest in Blackwell as the waiting stretched on, but now I'm back with it again. Thanks.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline stutum

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »
I recently purchased and played through the whole trilogy, and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the 4th one!  :D

Offline Livie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »
Well, I'll shamelessly copy and paste from the AGS forum. If posting these kind of things is discouraged, feel free to slap me upside the head:

"Bit of an update.  The game is fully programmed, all the backgrounds and portraits are in.  99% of the animations are done, and most of the music has been composed.  Beta testers are in the midst of playing and replaying the game ad-naseum to find all the bugs, and I am dedicating this entire month to fixing them and adding voice acting.  All of Joey and Rosa are recorded and imported.  The rest of the cast is coming in to record over the next two weeks.

We'll be officially announcing the game, along with a release date and a trailer, on September 14th.

Last Edit: Today at 17:47 by Dave Gilbert " 

In other words a lovely surprise will be waiting for me when I get home from my holidays!  ;D

Offline dianaincognito

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the Blackwell games!!!  I stumbled upon Convergence and trialed it ... had to purchase it!  Then found Legacy ... I purchased it without trialing it.  Great game!  Now, I've purchased Unbound and got stuck and came looking for help (which I found and will go back and finish the game).  I realize I played them backwards ... oh well.  Now I see there will be a 4th in the series???  Yesssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Love the 2D graphics and film noir feel of the games.  Also enjoy the easter eggs, the commentary, and the bloopers are so funny!

Well done!!  Can't wait for the 4th in the series!!!!

I am a beta tester and am presently helping some people out ... but will also play Emerald City Confidential.  Purchased it ... haven't had a chance to play it yet.  Looking forward to it, though.

*BIG GRIN*  Thanks, Dave!  *BIG GRIN*
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.

Offline Roisack

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »
That's only 30 days. Eagerly expecting.

Offline Wasps_Underground

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
Signed up for the forums just to comment on this board. I'm absolutely ecstatic that there's going be another installment in this series.

I just started playing the trials of the games recently. Obviously, one hour wasn't enough for me, because I plan on buying them all by the end of the week. Can't wait for September to roll around and see the trailer of the newest game.

Thank you for the updates!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
Thanks everyone!  Progress is going REALLY well.  The whole game is playable with all the assets - including voice acting! :)  We're trying to get a playable press-build ready by the end of the month.

Offline PPL

• Start realizing the benefits.
    • View Profile
    • PPL
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 02:49:46 PM »
I know that 4th game Blackwell is coming out, anyone knew when exactly?. If anybody has any sources. I love the mystery type of games that DO NOT involve hidden object, because I hate hidden object games.

;)
John Galt
PPL, Sales Consultant
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:00:59 PM by DaveGilbert »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
Hi John!  I'll be officially announcing the game on September 14th!  The release date will be announced, and a trailer and demo will be made available as well. 

Offline susansuth

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »
I am totally with you, John, on the hidden object games.  I loathe them.  Every time I pick up a game to see if it looks good, I am always finding it's a hidden object game.   >:(

One of the reasons I'm so excited about Wadjet Eye Games!!

Very excited about the news about Blackwell.  I can't wait for the next Joey/Rosa adventure!

Susan

Offline Livie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 04:34:00 AM »
I came across these voice clips on the AGS forums: http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=42300.80
We've heard the first two (Dave posted them on this thread), but I don't think the third has been posted anywhere. Despite your apparent dislike for your original "Bestowers of Eternity" game, you just can't let it go, can you Dave? ;) That said, "Bestowers of Eternity" is a rockin' title. If I had the choice between being a medium or a BoE, I'd pick being a Bestower anytime.