Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Widjet Game Localization and other questions  (Read 6370 times)

Offline uriele

• View Profile
Widjet Game Localization and other questions
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »
Have you ever thought about making a localisation of the Blackwell's saga? If you add a multi subtitle system more people should enjoy this great series :D

I would like to know what SDK you used to make ECC: it was an amazing game  and I liked a lot the style and the storyline (maybe it was a little easier for my taste but it was deep and immersive)

Do you write something about the creation process of those game, like a dev diary?
Do you have or do you relate to something design rule when you make game, like Mechner rule for a good game design? Can you share it :P

Thank you so much, cheers
 Marco

Ps: sorry for my poor english writing skills: I'm much better in eng-ita translation :D

Offline cycyx

• View Profile
Re: Widjet Game Localization and other questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:30:50 AM »
I was wondering if you planned on offering your games in more than one language in the future (and your setup system already includes a "Language" button...).

Can you give us some clues?

Of course, if needed, I'm sure you could find plenty of translators to help you out...  ;)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:53:20 AM »
This is something I have thought of doing, many times!  But localizing the Blackwell games is a much bigger gig than you'd think, if only because I made the horrible mistake of burning english text into a lot of graphics, which would need to get remade.

Believe-it-or-not, I have had several volunteers to translate but they underestimated the work involved and none of them followed through.  For short games, they have a heck of a lot of text. :)  So I decided that if I was ever going to localize it would have to be when I could afford to pay a service to do it properly.  Right now, being a small shop, I can only spread myself so thin.  Maybe one day!

-Dave

Offline SunkDevifull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
Hi Dave.
About this topic, I contacted with you about a spanish translation some months ago, but I remember your mail problems and well, the time passed, perhaps you don't remember me.
But I still interested in that, some games translated by me, or other people from my community, had text in graphics. It can be studied, at least. It would marvelous your games in spanish.
If you don't like this idea, no problem, I don't disturb you anymore.

And not only for Blackwell Saga...