Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Can't Run Convergence  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Tellah

• View Profile
Can't Run Convergence
« on: July 23, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »
I pre-ordered Convergence and I think it downloaded/installed correctly (it was around 157 MB and I didn't get any errors while installing), but when I go to run it, it won't start.  Instead it gives me an error "There was a problem initializing graphics mode 640 x 400 (32-bit).  (Problem: 'Failed to create Direct3D Device: 0x8876086c')"

I have no idea what the problem could be- I've bought and played the other Blackwell games and Emerald City Confidential without any issues... I don't really know my specs, but I'm using Windows XP.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Run Convergence
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
Hi Tellah!  If you go into the game’s directory and run the “winsetup.exe” file, you will see a section called “graphics driver” that is set to “Direct3D 9.”  Set it to  “DirectDraw” instead and the game should work!  It might run a bit slowly in some places (most noticeably the opening credits), but 95% of the game should work fine!

Offline Tellah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »
Thank you so much- I did what you said and now it starts up just fine!  ;D

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:40 AM »
No prob, Tellah!  Glad it works now.  Like i said some scenes will play much slower than normal but the game itself should be fine.