Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: PRESS RELEASE: Wadjet Eye Games going to be published by Playfirst  (Read 14652 times)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!  I've had to be mum about this for ages but it's nice to finally talk about it!  Here's the big news from GDC, and a bit of an explanation on why Blackwell Convergence is taking a bit longer than planned:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080218/aqm033.html?.v=38

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- PlayFirst, Inc., the leading publisher focused exclusively on casual games, today announced a publishing deal with Wadjet Eye Games, an independent game developer that was nominated for "Best New Studio" at the 2007 Game Developer's Conference. Under the terms of the agreement, Wadjet Eye will develop a new casual adventure title to be published by PlayFirst.

"When we first met Wadjet Eye at GDC 2007, we knew we had found a talented independent developer with a similar creative philosophy to ours: the casual games industry needs more innovative games," said Kenny Shea Dinkin, vice president and creative director, PlayFirst. "We look forward to working with Wadjet Eye and creating an imaginative and inventive game that will break the mold."

PlayFirst will fund Wadjet Eye's game development and take the lead over the sales and marketing of the game, allowing Wadjet Eye to focus on game development.

"This partnership with PlayFirst presents a great opportunity for us to make a game that we really want to make," said David Gilbert, chief executive officer, Wadjet Eye Games. "Being an independent developer we've been hampered by low budgets, so this partnership will allow us to focus on what we do best."

Offline Shany

• View Profile
Re: PRESS RELEASE: Wadjet Eye Games going to be published by Playfirst
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 04:49:24 AM »
Congratulations!  :)

Offline Totengeist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 08:07:38 PM »
Very nice. :) Congrats!

Offline DD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
Great indeed, congrats!  :)

>>Blackwell Convergence is taking a bit longer than planned

okayyy... hm, and when?  ;)

kay

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »
Just read the press release today in my email, congratulations!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
This is very interesting, even exciting, news and I'm looking forward to whatever comes next. I have recently become a Casual Game player and the idea that Wadjet Eye Games (aka David Gilbert) will be making a third-person, point-and-click *traditional* adventure game sounds just great to me. True, I am sorry that The Blackwell Convergence will be delayed but considering what is happening, I can understand why and that will give me the patience to wait. Actually, I now have two games to look forward to! How great is that?
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline JohnnyW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »
Good stuff! I can't wait to buy your next big release! (Will it be Blackwell based?)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »
Good stuff! I can't wait to buy your next big release! (Will it be Blackwell based?)

Alas no.  It was something we briefly discussed, but getting Blackwell published would involve me giving up the copyright which I'm not eager to do. :)  The game has nothing to do with Blackwell or Shivah, but something else entirely.

Offline JohnnyW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »
That's cool. I'm sure it will be good!

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:05:17 PM »
I got an email today about a new game in the works that sounds more than cool. I looked at the screenshot for The Shiver and it looks like a good game, but on the other hand today is April Fools Day, so is this for real, or not? With two other projects to work on, a third might be stretching things too thin, I'm thinking.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline Rognik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
Hurray! Hurray for blurry screenshots and characters! While I can't make out any real details, it looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to it. I might even register to PlayFirst so that I can buy it!  ::)

I'm glad to hear it's a typical adventure game, too. When is this coming out, or is that still up in the air?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 09:59:50 AM »
Hi Rognik!  You'll find out the release date around Halloween, which is when PlayFirst is scheduled to announce it.  I've put some more info on the front page. :)

Offline Shaay

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »
Am I delusional, or does the date on the announcement on the front page say October 26? I thought today was October 25...?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
Oops.  My bad.  Let's just say that I posted that yesterday. :)