Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: sound in game  (Read 6455 times)

Offline chrissie

• View Profile
sound in game
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »
I've just started playing & apart from a few sound effects there is no speech or music.  :(
What can I do to get some sound?  :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: sound in game
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
Hi Chrissie,

There are two things that could be wrong.  First off, check the game folder (default: c:\program files\The Shivah) and see if the music and sound files are there.  The files are called "speech.vox" and "music.vox."  If they are not there, let me know.  If they are there, run the program "winsetup.exe" (also located in the game's folder) and tell me what the sound settings are.

Sorry you are having trouble!

-Dave

Offline chrissie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:06:11 PM »
Hi Dave, thanks for getting back so quickly!

I couldn't find a game folder in c\program files so I did a search - and found only 8 files for the game, mostly located in c\documents & settings - the speech & music files were missing along with the winsetup exe file.

It was a few years ago I downloaded this from you, so don't know what went wrong, but the good news is, since posting earlier, I remembered I had since bought a disc version - so I've managed to get rid of the existing files & install the disc files instead. It's now playing like a dream with speech & music - wonderful!  :)

If I hadn't had the disc it's reassuring that you would have been here to help! :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:45:48 PM »
:)  Thanks!  Glad to help.