Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: What do we know? (timeline)  (Read 7164 times)

Offline wogoat

• View Profile
What do we know? (timeline)
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »
So, since we're all eagerly awaiting when the next game comes out and what additional pieces of the Blackwell story are revealed.  I figured I'd try to spark a little discussion about what we already know.

The dates are of course approximate at best (I can't remember if Jack or Lauren is the older sibling)

Judging by the estimated ages of the characters, Patricia probably isn't the first Blackwell to be saddled with Joey.  And what about pre Joey?  Did they have previous spirit-guide?  What happened to it?  Can the same thing happen to Joey?  What did Joey do to be a guide anyway?  (does being sassy really doom you to the purgatory or being a spirit guide?  If so Lauren's ghost would have to be out there somewhere too, heh.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 07:54:11 PM by DaveGilbert »

Offline Shany

• View Profile
Re: What do we know? (timeline)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:32:31 AM »
Ooh, a timeline discussion, great!

I have a few corrections for you, see if they make sense:
- Lauren is the older one, I'm guessing about 3-4 years older since Jack starts highschool when she starts college (I think).
- Lauren was probably born around 1942 since it says she started college in 1960.
- Joey was born around 1900 - he says he was a kid when the bridge was built, 70 years before Unbound.

I have to agree that the biggest problem is Joey. He 'met' Patricia in 1961, but it doesn't make sense that he died that year.

What did Joey do to be a guide anyway?  (does being sassy really doom you to the purgatory or being a spirit guide?
LOL
I want to know too...

Offline solunaris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:21:14 AM »
Joey hardly seems like he was 60 years old when he died then again maybe spirits do this weird young looking thing?

Joey's been a family spirit only 40 years so if he was in fact 60 when he died then he's well over hundred now.

There must have been some family attachment somewhere. Maybe a family connection. Some person that knew Joey or his family. I'm sure there is some significane there. Maybe Joey's family other had some similar abilities or powers which connects them to mediums.

Just speculation.

It would be nice to learn a bit more about Joey. He does tend to avoid certain topics and tends to want to keep certain things to himself. I'm curious as to how Joey died. He was alive at one point. And instead of passing on like other spirits he was drawn to be a spirit guide.

Probally something he has to do or fullfill in order to pass on.

Offline wogoat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, we've never seen any ghosts in the series that manifest as a different age than when they died so it's a safe bet that Joey was somewhere in his 20s-30s when he died.

We also know that he was born around 1900 via his comments in Unbound.  This places him as an adult in the Prohibition era which should surprise nobody.

What we don't know is when he died exactly.  I suppose it's possible that he died around when Patricia was born and has been with her her whole life, however we don't have any evidence of Joey with Patricia before Lauren and Jack were born.  (I think the earliest evidence is the Christmas photo from the first game)

We also don't know, to my knowledge, if there was a Blackwell who Joey was stuck with before Patricia.

Let's hope Rosa gets Joey to open up a bit more so we can get some answers.

Offline Shany

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:52:52 AM »
Well, according to Joey, no one could see him before Patricia - but he doesn't say how long that was.

Offline Pseudobushia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »
After playing Convergence, I noticed that Joey did confim he died about "70 years ago."

Also, this isn't so much a timeline thing as a backstory revelation, but it seems like it could be a pretty big one... <spoilers in yellow below>

Searching Oogle for "Lauren Blackwell" brings up some sort of news clipping from 1981 that gives an account of the night Lauren was committed. From the description of what happened (and knowing what we know about Lauren that the rest of the world wouldn't have) it seems to suggest that Lauren probably never actually went crazy ... but during what must have been her last interaction with Joey before she was sedated, they appear to have gotten into a pretty big fight ... big enough and loud enough to rouse the police, who burst in to find her fighting with "no one" and arrested her. Wonder what they were fighting about? Or were they fighting together against another spirit? Hmm... the possibilities are endless. :)