Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: 3rd blackwell game  (Read 8328 times)

allysonc

3rd blackwell game
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »
Ok when is it coming out? I can't wait any longer! It's been months now!!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd blackwell game
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:03:29 PM »
I know the feeling, Allyson! :)  It's very difficult for me to commit to a release date since the PF project keeps me very busy, but definitely check the front page for updates.  I recently released a few vidcasts which showcase some new stuff from the upcoming game.

Mazdafan626

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »
Yeah I had the same question,
there's no way you can give us a hint? like which mounth, or which year?

>maz<

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »
I'm aiming for the fall, but as I said I'm hesitant to reveal anything specific yet.  I've already missed the last deadlines I was originally aiming for. :(

sosdocmd

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:42:34 AM »
Ok---- I have to 'fess up-
I am a physician who finds herself just tuned out playing adventure games into the wee hours of the morning....  work in hospice medicine, and find this such a great release.  Since I play so many, SO MUCH, I go to the cheapie sites to download- until now.

For the first time ever, I have played a couple of games that have intrigued me so, completely fascinated me in such a way, I can't explain.  True- it is not the graphics that blew me away, not the length, or volume, or complexity,  but the obvious thought and personality that went into making these games.  Dave Gilbert , I APPLAUD YOU! 

I not only was able to play the games with my mate, but have talked about them ALL WEEK!  And, in my line of work, the concepts of life, death, and the hereaftercome up a LOT...
 I actually have recommended the games to some of my younger patients- something that will entertain them, but trigger some conversations in them about closure, and their lives in general.  I tell them with the caveat- they have to look at it with a sense of humor- because I am not trying to get them to believe in ghosts, or "the bright light", etc... 

So far- I have been thanked!  People have laughed, entertained themselves, and enjoyed your games thoroughly.

For me, though, I most appreciate the personal nature with which you promote, commentate, and infuse these games with personality....  Tying a game you buy online to its company, creator, publishers, etc....that is rare, and appreciated so much.

So, no.  I won't be going to a cheapie site to buy WadjetEye Games.... can't say that for the others, but for your game, I will always be willing to pay the full price.  They are well worth-
Like someone said, "the blood , sweat and tears" you put into these is obvious.  Your work, ideals, and committment to this is TREMENDOUS, and I wait with bated breath for more.

So, take your time.  D o your thing.  Challenge us.

Just answer this for me Mr. David Gilbert, creator extraordinaire:

1.  You mention previous games of yours that Joey was a character in...Purity of the Serf?
Self?  and was it Bestows Eternity?  Could you clarify and tell me where I can pay full price so that your budget captures the dollar?

2.  What other games have you created, and how can I get a hold of them?

3.  Have you channelled your creativity in any other forum?  Point me the way!

Thanks to you, your voice actors fantastic, and everyone on your crew~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. S

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 05:15:36 AM »
Wow.  Thanks, Dr. S.  There's not much I can say, aside from that it's comments like yours that make me keep doing this in the first place.  As for your questions...

1.  You mention previous games of yours that Joey was a character in...Purity of the Serf?
Self?  and was it Bestows Eternity?  Could you clarify and tell me where I can pay full price so that your budget captures the dollar?

Hah. That takes me back. :)  In 2003 or so I made a little freeware game called "Purity of the Surf" once, for the Reality on the Norm series..  I had the idea for "Bestowers of Eternity" at the time so I gave Joey a little cameo to promote the game. 

2.  What other games have you created, and how can I get a hold of them?

You can nab my old Reality on the Norm games on the Reality on the Norm site. The direct links are here:

The Repossessor - the first game I ever made!  It's about the Grim Reaper.
The Postman Only Dies Once - a noirish detective story.  Hm.  Death and noir.  I'm sensing a theme, here.
Purity of the Surf - a laid-back surfer wants to enter a surf contest.  Joey has his cameo towards the end.
A Better Mousetrap - a little adventure about two characters transported to another planet.

I also made two other games not set in the Reality on the Norn universe:

Two of a Kind - twin detectives solve a mystery of a missing artifact.  Working on this game is what inspired me to sell games commercially.

And if you REALLY want to try it...
Bestowers of Eternity - a spiritual cousin of sorts to The Blackwell Legacy.  It's short and clunky and has a lot of weird issues, but if you're interested in seeing where Legacy came from than it's worth a try. :)

3.  Have you channelled your creativity in any other forum?  Point me the way!

Hah.  Yes, but nothing worth showing to the masses. :-D

Thanks to you, your voice actors fantastic, and everyone on your crew~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to YOU as well!

-Dave

IanAdams

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:32:27 PM »
There appears to be a problem with the zip file for Bestowers of Eternity. Would it be possible to reupload?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:02:33 AM by IanAdams »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
Yikes.  You're right.  I put together that game two or three computers ago. :)  I'll see if I can find the file somewhere.