Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Can't get mouse working on Unbound and Convergence  (Read 812 times)

Offline onigame

• View Profile
Can't get mouse working on Unbound and Convergence
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:21:18 AM »
Hi.  I'm playing the games on Steam, Windows 8.  Or rather trying to play them.

I played Legacy and the game plays fine.  Finished it.  Trying to play Unbound, but I can't control the mouse cursor.  It just stays in the middle of the screen.  I tried running winsetup.exe in the original directory and tried lots of different setting changes, but no go.  I also tried running Convergence and got the same problem.

I searched online and found a few posts from people with the same issue but no one seems to have a clear solution.  Any help?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get mouse working on Unbound and Convergence
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »
Hi. Apologies for the delay. I've been on vacation.

Hm. Interesting that Legacy worked and Unbound/Convergence did not, since they both use the same version of the engine. Were there any differences between the settings? Have you tried running Unbound/Convergence in DirectDraw mode?

Offline onigame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:08:42 PM »
I felt like I had tried everything, including copying the "acsetup.cfg" file from one to the other, to no avail.

Strangely, I just went back to start it again to try to diagnose and reproduce the issue --- and all three games worked!  Hopefully they'll stay working.

I blame gremlins.  Thanks, Dave!

Offline onigame

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:45:11 PM »
Okay!  I have something to blame beside gremlins, and that's Steam!

The upshot seems to be this:  When I launch the game from Steam, I can't control the mouse cursor; when I launch it by opening the executable file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blackwell Unbound\Unbound.exe ), it works fine -- but, annoyingly, it seems that I can't get any achievements.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone who is trying to track down this problem.