Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Joey's hat (silly question with spoiler)  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Nowhere Girl

• View Profile
Joey's hat (silly question with spoiler)
« on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:42 PM »
Why isn't Joey wearing his hat at the end of "Epiphany"? Yes, it fell off his head when he collapsed, but it materialised with him. He must have stayed next to Rosa's body for some time anyway to explain what happened and that he was her friend (necessary since he received her ashes later), possibly also to take her keys (people have already discussed that, since Joey is actually put in a tragic situation through being brought back to life, does he at least have a place to live? - and without Rosa's keys he won't have access to her apartment because as a ghost he didn't need them and couldn't carry them anyway)... This is, of course, a tiny problem compared to all his situation, but I just wonder why didn't he keep his trademark hat...

Btw, characters in "Epiphany" seem to be wearing really thin clothes. Rosa's earmuffs still seem acceptable, but Maggie going to her father's grave in just a sweatshirt and no top hat? That's a good way to catch a cold...
On the other hand, I always wear some cap and an anorak in the winter, but I have also once been walking through the Old Town and eating an ice cream in -10 degrees (Celsius... I know what feet, miles and pounds are, but I have close to no idea about the Fahrenheit scale) or working out at an outdoor gym with unzipped anorak in about the same temperature...

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Joey's hat (silly question with spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 06:45:37 PM »
The aesthetic reason? The hat and tie are the most iconic things about him, and removing them was a nice way of showing that he was a different person now.

The story reason? The wind probably just blew it away. :)

I imagine Joey had the foresight to take Rosa's keys and wallet and things before he cremated her. He probably knew her ATM code as well.

As for Maggie, she hung out in the Karth House exposed to the elements for a long time. Going out in a blizzard in just a hoodie and trackpants is probably warm enough for her!

Offline Nowhere Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »
I imagine Joey had the foresight to take Rosa's keys and wallet and things before he cremated her.
This reminds me of a dialogue line in "Unbound": "Sorry, left my wallet in my other pants. Probably the ones I was buried in".

Offline Skinsfan55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:21:49 PM »
The hat had been outdated for 50 years, Joey probably wanted to get rid of it since then, but couldn't. He worked in fashion, maybe it bugged him.