4 (30.8%)
Yes (partially)
1 (7.7%)
Yes (whole ending sequence)
6 (46.2%)
I don't know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Epiphany ending? (poll)  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Archaniol

• View Profile
Epiphany ending? (poll)
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:07:47 AM »
Personally i don't like ending sequence at all. I mean everything after Rosa woke up in hospital.
All souls saved (except Joey). Rosa dies. Joey alive. Durkin just disappered in the middle of a game without a word.
Deception ending was more mysterious and i had hope that there is something bigger going on...
Reminds me Fahrenheit game. First part was brilliant but second part was just a garbage.

But i still love backgrounds, voice acting and music in Epiphany. I had 1045 footprins.

I have all games on Steam. Started with Blackwell Deception (after giveaway few years ago) than i bought whole bundle on Steam and i bought Epiphany in last sale.
Unbound is my favourite  then Deception then Convergence.
My english can be bad so sorry for any mistakes.

Offline LootHunter

• View Profile
Re: Epiphany ending? (poll)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 01:06:04 AM »
Personally I didn't like the story from the point when Madeline went nuts.  Because that was the point when it became clear that there would be no "energy vampire society" in game. And while I understand that Epiphany was all about Rosa-Joey relationship, it was not what Deception ending promised.

As for Joey brought back to life, I could understand it if he was put into some body. Like Michael Cooper - it would actually fit with him having a job and being a priest, who helps lost souls. But Rosa makin new body with suit and all just from dust looks outright rediculous. In fact all the questions about Joey not having money or ID don't have any sense. If Rosa could make clothes, she easily could put proper ID and money (or credit card) in it's pockets. Not to mention with the power of the universe being able to create material things, it would easy for her to edit some bank account records.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:13:19 AM by LootHunter »

Offline rjb

• View Profile
Re: Epiphany ending? (poll)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:18:20 PM »
Well, if that ending means that they are going to release a new chapter, then my answer will be yes.

The point is, a lot of things are explained at the end, why was Joey "chosen", what happened to him.

But you would expect a more "happy" ending. Joey is now alive, he can live the life he couldn't before because he was killed too young.

But Rosa is gone, Lauren is gone. They wasted their lives, they saved others but they paid the price.

Why wasn't Joey's soul allowed to move forward? It got me thinking there was a reason for that but other than giving Joey another chance I can't see any, and if Joey got another chance why not Rosa?

In the end, Joey says he can't see ghosts anymore and his memory is starting to fade. You says he is sure he will meet Rosa again, but what does that mean? is it when he dies (again) and he will meet her as a spirit? or as an alive corporeal person he will meet her in some way?

I think the end is open enough to justify another installment (maybe reunion?) hint for the developers