Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Video cropped on Blackwell Deception on a 4k 16:9 screen?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Synthesthesia

• View Profile
Video cropped on Blackwell Deception on a 4k 16:9 screen?
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:29:11 AM »
I recently played through Shardlight on the same display so I'm not sure what it could be. For instance, on the first screen when you chat with Joey, the options are cropped out saying "hat with Joey" "lan" instead of plan and I can't even see the option that lets you leave the dialog. Any solutions? I've tried looking at the configuration tool in the game's directory but can't see anything that would fix it.

I also can't just play in windowed mode or something because that results in a reallly small image.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:46:27 PM by Synthesthesia »

Offline Dakobah

• View Profile
Re: Video cropped on Blackwell Deception on a 4k 16:9 screen?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:44:51 AM »
Try win setup and go nearest nieghbor i think or mess with those settings but check windowed mode

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »
I am guessing that the game is incorrectly scaling up to your monitor size. If you go to the setup window and click on the "Advanced" tab, there's an option to enable side bars. That should theoretically fix it. Let me know what happens.

Offline Synthesthesia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 11:42:58 PM »
I am guessing that the game is incorrectly scaling up to your monitor size. If you go to the setup window and click on the "Advanced" tab, there's an option to enable side bars. That should theoretically fix it. Let me know what happens.

I haven't had time to try, but I think I tried that. The game isn't actually filling the screen and getting cropped off at the sides, it's just chopped off and sitting in the middle of the display in a (what I assume is) 4:3 image. I'll try both things suggested though thanks.

Offline Synthesthesia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 12:13:11 AM »
If anyone else ever has this issue, changing the graphics filter to 3x anti-aliasing filter fixed it for me, the side bars made no difference with or without.

Thanks for the help guys.