Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Game Crash when loading Trollgate app in Epiphany  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Spacey72659

• View Profile
Game Crash when loading Trollgate app in Epiphany
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:03:23 PM »
So, I've only seen one mention of this issue here and there was no resolution. Hoping someone knows how to fix this since I've played through all the Blackwell games and I'd really like to be able to finish the series.
Everything works fine until I try to open the Trollgate app on Rosangela's phone. Every time I do that the game crashes. I've tried about 6 times now. I tried to skip that part and continue, but if you don't open the app and read the chat logs then Lia's ghost won't appear when you go back to the house and renders the game unplayable...
I'm really hoping someone knows how to fix this issue. :(

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Game Crash when loading Trollgate app in Epiphany
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 02:27:06 PM »
Before I try and help you, I have one question. Could you explain what you mean by "skip to that part and continue"? Did you discover a scene skip function that shouldn't be there? If so, from which store did you buy it from?

Offline Spacey72659

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »
Not 'skip to that part' - skip that part - i.e., what I mean is, I've used a guide to know what you're supposed to do -  getting into the app and reading the chat logs, etc.

If I skip clicking on the app and instead go back to the house (intending to use a guide to provide the chat log information that I can't get myself), Lia's ghost never appears. So without being able to open the app I can't get her ghost to appear to continue the game.

By skipping that part I'd hoped I could just use the guide to give me the answers I would have gotten from the app - thereby rendering the need to access the app moot and being able to get around the crash - but apparently that won't work since Lia never appears and I can't even click on the shelf to get her to appear either.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:31:25 AM »
Can you email me a save file from before you try and access the trollgate app?I will try and troubleshoot it for you!

Offline Spacey72659

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:45 AM »
I can't. I uninstalled the game because I don't have the room on my hard drive and since I couldn't play it there seemed no reason to keep in installed.
I don't have any save files anymore.

I'll try to get in and create a new one as soon as I can.

Offline Spacey72659

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »
I just reinstalled the game and my save file was there - and when I loaded the troll gate app it didn't crash. Not sure why it didn't work the first time I tried reinstalling the game but....??
Seems ok now! Thanks for all your help! If, for some reason, it crashes again I'll post back here. I'm going to start a new game save because I was trying to do a let's play of this so I want to start from the beginning. Hopefully a new save will still work.  :) :D

Offline Spacey72659

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 02:03:36 AM »
Oh lord I feel crazy.  :o :o I started a new game and it crashed again when I tried to open the Trollgate app... so I opened the saved game that worked before, and that one let me into the Trollgate app the first time, but then crashed when I went back in to read the chat logs.... luckily I had a third saved game that worked for the chat logs... so.. I managed to successfully get through the chat logs using three different game saves... which... is... weird.. :o but I guess it works LOL.  ;D

I can email over the two saves that crash if you want - don't know if it would help anyone else down the line. I think at the moment I've circumvented the issue is the weirdest way possible.... but if you want to take a look at the saves just let me know :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 07:27:29 AM »
You might as well! I'm Mostly curious why nobody else has reported this problem. :)

Offline Himloia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 03:41:33 AM »
 :-\ At qwop unblocked I also face the same issue!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:57:42 PM by Himloia »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 09:11:32 AM »
Hi Himloia! I never got save files from Spacey so I couldn't troubleshoot the problem. Since you have the same issue, can you send me your saves?