Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Joey Mallone...  (Read 7770 times)

Lucifiel

Joey Mallone...
« on: November 08, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »
You know, is it just me or does Joey seem he was like a gangster in his "former life"? He sure knew how to make people talk and seemed a bit eager to pounce on the "drunk and insane" ghost to whack the truth out of him. Now, all we need to do is give him a smoke and gun and he'd have stepped out of some Al Capone movie.

I'd love to know more about this mysterious guy who likes to call females "bright eyes", "sweetheart", etc. :p And you know, what did he DO to merit a fate with the Blackwell family and so on? There are so many questions about his and the mediums' fate and the universe seems pretty large and has enough material for at least 3 to 5 more games, I think. :)

Shany

Re: Joey Mallone...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
I think it's the mystery about him that makes me like Joey so much.
I wonder if I'll like him less once the series is over and the mystery is (hopefully) solved. :-\
Nah... ;D

I'd love to know more about this mysterious guy who likes to call females "bright eyes", "sweetheart", etc.
One thing I noticed about him is that he doesn't call Lauren or Rosa by their first names, only those nicknames.
The closest he got to first names was calling Patricia 'Pattycakes', so it's probably for the best that he doesn't...

I'm certain that we'll find out a bit about him in each game, like some of the stuff we found out in Unbound.

What I find funny is that half of the reviews I read of Legacy and Unbound have decided for us what he did when he was alive, despite there being no real evidence in the games.
If I remember correctly some of those things were a gangster, a detective, and my personal favourite - a singer (this was in a review for Legacy where there was no hint Joey did anything music related).

There are so many questions about his and the mediums' fate and the universe seems pretty large and has enough material for at least 3 to 5 more games, I think.
Though I hope there will be many more Blackwell games, part of me wants to know everything now...

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »
Hmm, I don't seem to be all that curious about Joey. I just like him exactly the way he is so whatever made him that way is okay with me, I reckon. Anything more I learn about him will be okay too. He sort of reminds me of Bogey when he became a leading man, not in his early gangster roles.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Jojo813

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:02:35 PM »
I don't know about you guys but...I love Joey! I like his little nicknames and his mysterious nature And I wouldn't mind it much if there were say 1 million blackwell games :-) :)

bingus

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »
I am curious to know about Joey's past.. and his connection to the Blackwells..  but I can live without ever knowing :)

Dracko

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
It seems fairly obvious in my view that Joey is a play on the noir detective archetype, hence why he's so efficient at beating or threatening people. In that respect, I'd be okay if not all that much more was revealed. The idea of him just being some poor dead detective schmuck who ends up having to work with spirit-seers is all too compelling.