Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Two questions relating to Joey.  (Read 991 times)

Offline tracy1285

• View Profile
Two questions relating to Joey.
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »
First question what is Joey's age? Some call him old but I am not sure if it is because of the way he dresses. His appearance looks to be late 30s mid to early 40s in physical age. Next question what was his character based off of? I have a personal theory because of the sound of his voice and his attitude he appears to be based off of of course film noir style but also he resembles very heavily James Stewart. If James Stewart was still alive and this series became a movie I could easily see him as Joey.

Offline roxiestar74

• View Profile
Re: Two questions relating to Joey.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:59:49 PM »
Joey is from the early 30s, I think he might have died in 1931 (as revealed in the last Blackwell game), and Jimmy Stewart wasn't famous yet then. According to Wikipedia, Jimmy Stewart's first movie wasn't until 1935. Regardless of those facts, I do not think Joey looks or sounds like Stewart. Stewart usually played nice guys and Joey strikes me as being a bit of a scoundrel. Joey has a good heart, which can be seen by how he grows to care about the Blackwell women, but I can imagine that he had a penchant for making bad decisions and getting himself in trouble sometimes when he was originally alive in the 30s. I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem like the type of character that Stewart would play. In the movies I have seen him in from the 30s, he is a law abiding, boy next door type who doesn't get in trouble with gangsters, and I could see Joey getting in that kind of trouble. I am not sure if Joey is based on a specific actor. Maybe someone else here knows about that.