Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Game Cafe Trivia Contest  (Read 10271 times)

Offline Shany

• View Profile
Game Cafe Trivia Contest
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:46:14 PM »
Sounds like a great idea.
I have a few questions, though:
- Around what time will this trivia be?
- Will the questions be timed?
- Can more than one person answer correctly, or is it the first to solve who gets the points?
- Are the questions all plot related, or could we get a question regarding things outside the plot like stuff in the commentary or names of voice actors etc?
- Will you publish the list of questions and answers for the trivia after it's over?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Game Cafe Trivia Contest
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
Hi Shany,

- Around what time will this trivia be?

According to the Game Fairy's blog, the contest will be at 7pm CST (8pm EST and 5pm Pacific time)

- Will the questions be timed?

The questions will probably be timed.  I'm not sure for how long, though.

- Can more than one person answer correctly, or is it the first to solve who gets the points?

Whoever gets the most points will win. According the the game fairy, the contestents will send their answers to a moderator panel, who will then tally up the points.

- Are the questions all plot related, or could we get a question regarding things outside the plot like stuff in the commentary or names of voice actors etc?

Anything related to the game can be asked.   There will be about 15 normal/easy questions, 10 difficult ones, and 5 mega difficult ones for the hardcore players.

- Will you publish the list of questions and answers for the trivia after it's over?

I think the Game Fairy publishes the list on the gamecafe site after the contests are over.  If she doesn't, I'll post it myself. :)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:25:41 PM by DaveGilbert »

Offline Shany

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:54:25 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
I probably won't be able to participate (it'll be 3am here), but I'll try.
At least I'll be able to read the questions and answers after it's over.  :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 03:21:12 PM »
Heh.  Well, you already have the game so no problem. :)  Hm.  There actually seems to be a number of Unbound owners who are interested in participating, just for fun.  Maybe we should come up with another prize. heh.

Offline Mutajon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:13:50 AM »
Heh.  Well, you already have the game so no problem. :)  Hm.  There actually seems to be a number of Unbound owners who are interested in participating, just for fun.  Maybe we should come up with another prize. heh.
Yeah well, it makes sense that most of the people that will participate are big Blackwell fans, and as such they've probably already purchased the game... ;)

Btw, I'm kind of Shany's neighbor so I'll probably won't be able to participate either... :P

P.S
Just a suggestion - an original cocept art drawing could be a very neat prize for Blackwell fans. A full size print of one of the posters by Dan Lee is also not a bad idea at all... ;D

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 03:42:48 AM »
The contest is mostly for the casual gamers who are unaware that Blackwell Unbound exists (since it's not up on the casual sites yet), but I'll see about throwing another prize into the mix.  In any case, you can still stick around for the Q & A.

edit: Figured I'd make this thread a sticky so people can find this extra info easily

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:07:55 AM »
In thinking this over, it's probably best to leave the contest as-is.  I could easily offer another prize, but what would happen if two unbound-owners won first and second place?  The contestants would have to register as an "unbound owner" or a "non-unbound owner" and it would make things a bit more complicated then I think the Game Fairy would want them to be.   I'll think of another contest for after the New Year.  Non art related so everyone can join in. :)

-Dave

Offline Mutajon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
Non art related so everyone can join in. :)
Instead or in addition to fan art contest?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
In addition to. I wouldn't drop the fanart contests.  :) 

Offline Mutajon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
In addition to. I wouldn't drop the fanart contests.  :) 
Cool :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »
Check the front page for a new non-fanart contest with a non-game prize!