Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Game won't run with desktop at 2560x1440  (Read 2105 times)

Offline mjung79

• View Profile
Game won't run with desktop at 2560x1440
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
Hello,

I have the Steam version of the game installed on the following PC:
WIndows 10 Pro x 64
8GB RAM
Intel Core i5  3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz
NVidia GeForce GT640 GPU
Dual monitor displays running at 2560x1440 native resolution

When I attempt to launch the game, I briefly see the opening splash screen but then the game jumps to the background and is minimized to the taskbar.  Each time I click into the game I see the game screen for a brief moment before windows kicks it back to the background.   It looks like the game window progresses slightly with each attempt (i.e. the first time it is just a black screen, the next time I see the Wadjeteye Games logo, etc.

If I drop my Windows resolution to 1920 x 1080 manually, I can launch and play the game successfully.  I am okay with this workaround, but wanted to report this problem in case there is anything you suggest.

Offline Pregnant Orc

• View Profile
Re: Game won't run with desktop at 2560x1440
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »
Have you tried changing the resolution by picking an other filter or driver in the options program? Some of the ones larger ones might work or one of the border options might fix the need for a workaround.
Called winsetup in the same folder you installed the game in.
Quickest way there is right click on the game in steam, Properties, Local Files tab and Browse local files button.

Offline mjung79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
Changing the filter seems to work.  (FYI seems like you can launch the setup utility just by right clicking the game in Steam library and choosing 'setup').

I had good results with '8x nearest neighbor filter'which seems to set the resolution to 2560 x 1600.  Game seems to run stably with this option set.

Thanks for the tip, Pregnant Orc!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:21:25 AM »
Hm. It's set to "maximum nearest neighbor" filter by default, which theoretically should do that automatically for you! I guess it didn't work with your setup for some reason. Happy it worked in the end!