Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: The Blackwell Convergence  (Read 34090 times)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Blackwell Convergence
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
*sigh*.  I'm not sure WHAT'S going on with the server.  Klaus and I are looking into other options.

DD

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
Klaus and I are looking into other options.

Thanks!  8) Definitely looking forward to everything that makes this forum faster again!

Offline Rognik

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 12:29:07 AM »
c) At one point, I couldn't seem to switch between Joey and Rosa. Clicking on the "R" icon would just bring me back to Joey(the screen moves from Joey to Rosa and then back to Joey) and pressing Tab had the same effect too.  Was this intentional? 

Hm.  Strange!  Again, does this happen at a specific point or just randomly?

I can reply that in the version I downloaded, there was definitely a specific point where switching between Rosa and Joey was locked. It happened after Joey starts to talk the ghost jumper down; after that point, Rosa just stood in place and responded to script-changes.

Also, hi. New to the forum but have played both of the previous games. I was wondering if you might make a small addition to Convergence while you're writing it. Do you think you could add a restart function? I noticed when replaying through Blackwell Unbound that once you're in the game, you can't go back to the start of the game without quitting. Normally not a problem, but it might be nice to restart without doing that.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:28 AM »
I can reply that in the version I downloaded, there was definitely a specific point where switching between Rosa and Joey was locked. It happened after Joey starts to talk the ghost jumper down; after that point, Rosa just stood in place and responded to script-changes.

Was this when Joey was on the window ledge?  That's a scripted thing, you can't control Rosa while Joey is out there.  If it happened after Joey went back into the office - did the buttons disappear?  Were you able to switching using TAB? 

Also, hi. New to the forum but have played both of the previous games. I was wondering if you might make a small addition to Convergence while you're writing it. Do you think you could add a restart function? I noticed when replaying through Blackwell Unbound that once you're in the game, you can't go back to the start of the game without quitting. Normally not a problem, but it might be nice to restart without doing that.

You can use F9 to restart (It's an AGS thing), but it's not a documented feature.  I'll see about implementing that.

-Dave

Offline Rognik

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
It's after Joey comes back into the office, when Rosa doesn't manage to talk the ghost down. The button is there, but clicking on it doesn't work and tab didn't work, either.

Also, good to know about the F9 thing. Wish I had known that before.