Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: The Blackwell Convergence  (Read 34097 times)

bl2k611

Re: The Blackwell Convergence
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »
just a thought
 i just noticed this.  I was re-playing the Blackwell legacy after finishing Blackwell unbound. i noticed if you right click   on Joanne And Kelly's door and  It says Kelly Hawrthrone (sp? ???) And Joanne Sherman and  the old lady that extorted money from Lauren in unbound was Harriet Sherman. Do you think another Sherman will appear in convergence?

Shany

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 06:27:04 AM »
Some family names seem to repeat in the games, so anything's possible.

We did have two "John Durkin"s.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »
I didn't want to enter this discussion, because it didn't seem like my place, but I wanted to congratulate bl2k611 on being the first person to notice that connection.  Yes, Harriet Sherman in Unbound is definitely related to the JoAnn Sherman in Legacy. Well spotted, bl2k611! ;D

Lucifiel

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 08:36:23 AM »
Ha! That sounds interesting. :D

I can't wait for Convergence: which will be out in a year's time, right? :P

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
Not that long.  I had the Convergence design all ready to go when I finsihed Unbound, so the wait will be much shorter.  I can't announce a specific date, but I'm aiming for early next year.

Lucifiel

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 11:01:47 AM »
Oh good! Then perhaps you might want to start coming up with something for the game after Convergence. :p

After all, it can't end with that game, right?

bingus

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 06:44:41 AM »
I hope not. We might have to form a lynch mob! ;)

Dark_Spiral

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »
I think it's the reporter from Unbound as well. My theory is he feels responsible for what happened to those people and he can't let go of that, it's what's keeping him there. Maybe finally getting rid of the countess will give him the peace he needs

Lucifiel

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »
Cool! Trying the demo for Convergence now.

a) Btw, for a short while, the game refused to recognise my settings from Winssetup and as a result, the in-game text looked really pixellated. It'd say something like "the settings are not optimised for the game" or something similar.

b) There's another thing I gotta point out though, the "cutscenes" seem to shake a lot. Is this a result of them being created in 320x240 and then "resized"? Or is this 'cos of some other issue?

c) At one point, I couldn't seem to switch between Joey and Rosa. Clicking on the "R" icon would just bring me back to Joey(the screen moves from Joey to Rosa and then back to Joey) and pressing Tab had the same effect too.  Was this intentional? 

d) That aside, wow... I really like the starting "cutscene". It feels rather movie-like and also, the nice music. And hmmm... I also really like the new actress for Rosa too. :) And this time round, it'd the old "Dave Gilbert" touch from TOAK: the humour!!! I couldn't stop laughing at some of the "steps" you could try. And the sound-effects and the rain sets a rather moody touch. However, the humour lightened up the atmosphere a little.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:20:29 PM by Lucifiel »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »

a) Btw, for a short while, the game refused to recognise my settings from Winssetup and as a result, the in-game text looked really pixellated. It'd say something like "the settings are not optimised for the game" or something similar.

Did the game not recognize the settings when you saved them?  Or did you try saving them and then you got that message?  The message is more of a warning than anything else (and a part of the engine which I can't remove), so just ignore it.

b) There's another thing I gotta point out though, the "cutscenes" seem to shake a lot. Is this a result of them being created in 320x240 and then "resized"? Or is this 'cos of some other issue?
Could you explain what you mean by "shake"? Does the screen literally shake?  Does it happen at any particular spot?

c) At one point, I couldn't seem to switch between Joey and Rosa. Clicking on the "R" icon would just bring me back to Joey(the screen moves from Joey to Rosa and then back to Joey) and pressing Tab had the same effect too.  Was this intentional? 

Hm.  Strange!  Again, does this happen at a specific point or just randomly?

d) That aside, wow... I really like the starting "cutscene". It feels rather movie-like and also, the nice music. And hmmm... I also really like the new actress for Rosa too. :) And this time round, it'd the old "Dave Gilbert" touch from TOAK: the humour!!! I couldn't stop laughing at some of the "steps" you could try. And the sound-effects and the rain sets a rather moody touch. However, the humour lightened up the atmosphere a little.

Thanks!  Rebecca was great to work with.  TOAK like humor? Heh.   Rosa is a far cry from Tiffany, but thank you. :-D

-Dave

Lucifiel

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »

Did the game not recognize the settings when you saved them?  Or did you try saving them and then you got that message?  The message is more of a warning than anything else (and a part of the engine which I can't remove), so just ignore it.

I was really tired when I posted this so I don't remember... drats. I couldn't have been hallucinating, though. I clearly recall being unable to read some of the text so I kept trying.

Could you explain what you mean by "shake"? Does the screen literally shake?  Does it happen at any particular spot?

Hmmm... okay, the part where the game scene starts up and the screen moves to the right, before we see Joey and Rosa talking? The screen wobbles a little.

And the cutscenes before that? Hmmm... my suspicions have been confirmed. When the screen is set to "windowed" mode instead of "full-screen mode", these cutscenes don't shake anymore.

Hm.  Strange!  Again, does this happen at a specific point or just randomly?

I don't know: I just got this after Joey talked to the ghost outside. I was able to talk to Rosa though.

Video of this issue:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0246pj

My savegames:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cla2tr

Thanks!  Rebecca was great to work with.  TOAK like humor? Heh.   Rosa is a far cry from Tiffany, but thank you. :-D

-Dave

Well, what I meant was your touch of humor as you're really good at making people laugh. :)

No problem, though.

P.S. Hmmm... anyone having problems trying to use the forums?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:51:50 PM by Lucifiel »

DD

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:48 AM »
P.S. Hmmm... anyone having problems trying to use the forums?

Yep. It's awfully slow (if I get in at all), isn't it?!

Offline Jackie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 02:09:19 PM »
Same here.  It has been very very slow to download the page.  I thought that maybe it was my server.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »
It is slow for me, too, but worth hanging in there! Although there were moments when I thought I was no longer connected. But now that I know that it isn't only me, I will be even more patient since I won't be worried that I goofed or something.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

DD

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 04:40:51 AM »
I thought that maybe it was my server.

IMO it became so slow when the (forum) server issues here were fixed the last time - allegedly.

It is slow for me, too, but worth hanging in there!

Patience is a virtue, sure  ;)  but imagine what's going to go on here as soon as the next game is out...

ah well, technique. <shrug>  ::)