Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Just wondering..  (Read 6245 times)

mcchin

Just wondering..
« on: July 06, 2007, 04:27:39 AM »
Hi,

I love Shivah, keep up the good work, going to buy blackwell soon (I don't have time to play, but I will still buy it first to support you).

Don't worry about the low-res graphics, the voice over feature, awesome story and plots are enough to attract me to buy all your games in the future. I think it is the same to most gamers who love adventure games. (I would like to see it in high-res from your games at some point in the future, although I think the artwork from your current games are nice enough, and please don't do it in 3D, 3D makes me dizzy)

I have read a post from your blog that you are into marketing stuff, I think that will definitely reach those gamers who are into this stuff!

Anyway, regarding my topic, I am wondering...The creator of the game "The Secret of Monkey Island" is Ron Gilbert, and you are Dave Gilbert..I am wondering are you two related in anyway? :p

Best Regards

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just wondering..
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:55:55 AM »
Hi McChin. Thanks for the letter.  I'm actually the result of a bizarre genetic experiment involving Ron Gilbert and Dave Grossman. 

In other words, no.  We aren't related. :)

mcchin

Re: Just wondering..
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »
Thanks, just found out it is stated on wiki too..lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadjet_Eye_Games

Trivia

* No relation to Ron Gilbert, the creator of Monkey Island.