Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: [iOS] Blackwell Legacy "I'd better take a closer look" [spoilers?]  (Read 3658 times)

Offline jmcb

• View Profile
[iOS] Blackwell Legacy "I'd better take a closer look" [spoilers?]
« on: September 08, 2015, 04:35:05 AM »
(This is for the iPad version)

I'm feeling a bit stumped by this. I've managed to retrieve the notebook from JoAnne's desk, but whenever I tap on it, I go through the dialogue and get to "I'd better take a closer look", and then nothing happens.

I've tried all sorts of things that I can think of, but I think this is stumping me. I even resorted to looking at a few guides and they all implied that interacting with the notebook is the way to progress the story forward. I've tried interacting with it in different locations, I've even restarted the game completely and played the whole way through, making a save before taking the notebook just to see if I'd somehow done something to mess it up.

All to no avail :( I'm really enjoying this game so far, and I absolutely loved Gemini Rue, and I need my late-evening point-and-click adventure fix! I guess I'll have to settle for replaying The Dig on my PC, but on the iPad it's so convenient...

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [iOS] Blackwell Legacy "I'd better take a closer look" [spoilers?]
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:52:32 AM »
Stupid question, but did you LOOK at the notebook instead of just interacting with it?

Offline jmcb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:08:03 AM »
I'm not sure how much the iOS interface differs, but holding my finger over the notebook specifically states "Look at JoAnne's notebook". Is there some other way to interact with objects? I've tried double tapping and tap-hold (like used for showing all points available for interaction), but nothing.

I'm positive it's something I'm missing, because if it wasn't, then other people would have reported similar issues. I guess I'm just a bit dense tonight :(

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:44:33 PM »
What do you do (physically) when you use the notebook?

When you use the notebook, two pieces of paper  come out and are added to your inventory. A doodle, and a note from JoAnn. Look at them, too. Once you have these, you don't need the notebook.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »
Yes, that sounds like it would be it. Janet knows my own game better than I do. :)