Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Murdered: Souls Suspect is good?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline OnelioJR

• View Profile
Murdered: Souls Suspect is good?
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »
I've played the Blackwell games last year and I loved it!
I like to imagine that one day, even if it is in a far future, there will be a new Blackwell game.

Searching, I found this game "Murdered: Soul Suspect".
I don't played yet and of course it is not a adventure/point and click game, but, at least at surface level, it seems similar to Blackwell.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-WIUBNDsVs

Have you ever played it? It is good?

Offline Reubs1

• View Profile
Re: Murdered: Souls Suspect is good?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:44 PM »
Murdered: Soul Suspect is a decent game. The story is good, the solving mystery gameplay works well, and the overall visuals fit the theme of ghosts and spirit worlds. I liked how every clue you find in a crime scene gives you a ghostly visual of how the crime played out. And now that I think about it, there are some parallels to be grasped between some of the main characters of this game and Blackwell if you want to look for them.

The one thing that I didn't really enjoy are the stealth demon sections of the game. In these sections, the player must go through an area infested with demons that are out to get you. In order to get to the next area, you have to either slip by unnoticed, or incapacitate the demons from behind. Whenever the demons spotted me, it was a huge adrenaline rush to run away and hide from them. It kind of staggered the pacing of the game for me, but I can see someone enjoying that kind of gameplay.

I recommend a game called The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Very similar in style to Murdered: Soul Suspect, but with more variety of puzzles and less stealth. I say it feels more like an adventure game than Murdered: Soul Suspect.