Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Help!!! Error message won't go away!  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Luke89

• View Profile
Help!!! Error message won't go away!
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:54:59 AM »
Hi,

I get this message whenever I try to load my saved game on my iPad:

Error: wrong script module count; cannot restore game

It comes up every time I press "Continue," or if I select either of my two save files under "Load Game."

I'm trying to avoid starting over at the beginning of the game because I've gotten pretty far. I checked the App Store and saw that the update for the game nullifies all previous save files. My iPad updates apps automatically and did so today with Gemini Rue. Is there any way to get those save files back???
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:08:48 AM by Luke89 »

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!! Error message won't go away!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
Sorry Luke!

Unfortunately there is no way to load your old saved games after the latest update. I have put a detailed explanation of the problem in a sticky at the top of the forum.

Fortunately it is possible to zip through Gemini Rue fairly quickly if you follow a walkthrough up to the point you had reached. The time spent playing adventure games is mostly spent solving puzzles so if you've been playing a few weeks, don't worry that it will take you that long again to get to where you were. Here's my favourite walkthrough - it takes me about 4 hours to follow this from title screen to credits.

http://www.gamezebo.com/2011/02/24/gemini-rue-walkthrough-cheats-strategy-guide/

So sorry!

Janet from Wadjet Eye

Offline Luke89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
Hey, thanks for the quick reply,

No worries. I enjoy the game a lot, so it will be fun to go back through it :)

Separate question though: is there any way to share save files between two devices? For example, if I'm playing on my phone and want to continue playing later on my iPad?

Thanks,

Luke

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
Thanks for being understanding :)

You can't share saves between two devices ... I looked into implementing cloud saves but I couldn't get it working. Sorry.

Offline Luke89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
Okay, thanks again for the quick reply. I love the game. Can't wait to start playing the rest of your games!