Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: After Technobabylon  (Read 4227 times)

Offline AndyfromVA

• View Profile
After Technobabylon
« on: May 16, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
I've played several of your games at this point - Blackwell Series, Resonance, Gemini Rue, Shivah and Primordia.  And I know I'm buying Technobabylon when it's released.  Every one of these games has been very satisfying.  I'm especially fond of your newer games which have Ben Chandler as the graphics designer.

So my question is - what's next for Wadjet Eye?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:18:25 PM by AndyfromVA »

Offline jeremywc

• View Profile
Re: After Technobabylon
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »
Shardlight has been announced as their next game: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/shardlight/

Offline AndyfromVA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:30:55 AM »
Shardlight has been announced as their next game: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/shardlight/
Very nice.  I'm looking forward to it.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »
I just now checked out the link to Shardlight and I must say the screenshots were very, very interesting and I'm already liking Amy and the game.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »
Yep! Shardlight is next. It's being written by our new in-house developer. While that's being worked on, I'll be writing another game of my own. It's just in the Cool Idea stage at the moment, so I can't really talk about it yet.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
Hmmm, Dave, I seem to recall another Cool Idea you had way back when I was playing The Shivah and before the Blackwell series. Remember, The Shiver? And the cute little sprite ... I think it was a penguin, but I'm not sure. I always thought that would have made a neat game, which is why I still remember it, although after all this time, I wonder if you do?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 02:29:43 PM »
Yep! I do remember that. For a few years I would do an April Fools thing involving some wordplay with Shivah. One year there was Shiva, about the indian goddess. Then Shiver, about the eskimo. Then the SHIV, about a guy in prison. I ran out of ideas after that. :)

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 06:56:58 PM »
OK, Dave,
I do remember it was just to be funny, but I still thought at the time that it had possibilities! I think maybe I still do, silly me! Anyway, I never knew about the goddess or the guy in prison so didn't realize it was a running April Fools thing.
Hmmm, an adventure game about a guy in prison ... I guess it would have to be about escaping?

Offline Rissa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 07:50:15 AM »
So what about Automaticity? On their blog I read that they've signed a contract with WEG. Are there any news or plans on the release so far? Anything to show or tell?

About Shardlight: I absolutely love these screens. From what I understand the games Rebirth/Reaper by Ben and Francisco are some kind of teasers for Shardlight. Will these be included in the final game or be part of the download once the game is released? It might be interesting for those who don't visit the AGS forums to know that they exist at all...