Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Technobabylon Demo  (Read 3428 times)

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
Technobabylon Demo
« on: May 15, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
I downloaded the demo today and am ssstuck already! Can't get door open and out of ideas to try. Any help would be appreciated.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline AndyfromVA

• View Profile
Re: Technobabylon Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »
In order to get out of the room you have to go into trance mode and get familiar with how the "wetware" works.

I played the game when it was on AGS but this version is much better for many reasons.  One is Ben Chandler's art - it's always a pleasure to enter his world.

Offline dragonslave66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »
I downloaded the demo today and am ssstuck already! Can't get door open and out of ideas to try. Any help would be appreciated.

It took me a long time on this first puzzle too :). Right clicking items will give you descriptions and can really help with clues.

I also use the policy of try everything my inventory on everything that's clickable, that usually helps me when I really can't figure something out ;)

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 04:35:28 PM »
I've right- and left-clicked on everything and I've tried everything in the inventory everywhere I could and getting nowhere. When in a Trance there is a News icon and when I click on it I get the words "News feed" but nothing else happens. I can reach Cheffie, and talk with her, but that's it. I'm trying to get a metal utensil, but only plastic is allowed. When I try the trophy on the wetware still it says that it is just a tin cup and nothing happens. The still is growing something, but doesn't seem to do anything else, so maybe I'm missing something here?

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:01 PM »
Got out of the room when I actually used the malware and Cheffie went bonkers! Now I'm with Lao and Regis and checking on a body that fell from above right before my eyes and totally scared me. It was so sudden. Not stuck, yet.

Offline Nathan Allen Pinar

• Composer & Sound Designer of Gemini Rue and Technobablyon
    • View Profile
    • Nathan Allen Pinard
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 10:58:03 PM »
Careful with spoilers yo.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
I'm sorry, Nathan, I didn't mean to post any spoilers, but I got so carried away by what was happening. Just now finished the demo and ... not to say too much, I will be buying the game, that's for sure!

Offline dragonslave66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 05:19:04 PM »
I'm sorry, Nathan, I didn't mean to post any spoilers, but I got so carried away by what was happening. Just now finished the demo and ... not to say too much, I will be buying the game, that's for sure!

So glad you figured it out Sierra! I hope you enjoy the game :)