Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Sequel?  (Read 2633 times)

Offline lcsbar

• View Profile
Sequel?
« on: May 04, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »
Primordia is much more than a game and can be compared to the works of great sci-fi writers like Asimov. I can't praise it enough.

Are you planning a sequel?

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: Sequel?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:15:33 AM »
That's a very flattering (and generous) comparison! We don't currently have any plans for a sequel, at least none beyond the spin-off story "Fallen." Sorry to disappoint!
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline Skinsfan55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »
Played the game this weekend and loved it.

I'm assuming that this game takes place on a different planet (although a future Earth is possible)...

I wonder if Horatio continues believing in Humanism, even though MetroMind clued him in that humans were just fallible beings. If this takes place in an alternate timeline, wouldn't Horatio encountering humans in space be a cool sequel? I mean... either if groups of humans evolved independently or the planet of Primordia is one that was colonized by humans...

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »
Thanks for the kind words!  We survive by word of mouth, and it's always nice to hear that someone liked the game as well.

My intention is that it takes place on another planet (another "reality"), though there are some questions such as the use of our-Earth iconography and references (such as "Thanatos" and "Horus") and I think the coin that you can get from Oswald and Cornelius suggests it's a quarter, though I now can't remember.

We did do a sequel-ish story called "Fallen" (primordia-game.com/fallen.html), which involves the people in space.

I think Horatio would continue believing in Man, possibly as something distinct from the humans described to him.  Or maybe he would realize that even fallible forebears are still worth revering because, for all their flaws, they accomplished mighty things!
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia