Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell for IOS  (Read 7386 times)

Offline Neurotica

• View Profile
Blackwell for IOS
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:12:23 PM »
Hello Wadjet Eye,
I absolutely love the Blackwell series and I have played the first three games multiple times on my iPad. I know this has probably been asked several times, and I read about some issues with your IOS dev when I searched for it, but is there anything new you can tell us about the remaining two games in the series for IOS?

I would love to see how Rosangela and Joey's story turns out, and I have no other way of playing the games :(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:23:08 AM by Neurotica »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell for IOS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:22:39 AM »
They are two factors which are delaying the iOS ports:

1  - an iOS update which broke the way our port works, and needs a lot of work to be fixed properly

2 - an illness in the family. It was nothing serious, but it did slow things down considerably.

But they are coming. We promise. :)

Offline Neurotica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the illness in the family, of course that takes precedence. I hope things are ok and I wish you and your family all the best!

It is good to hear that the ios ports are still in the pipeline, I look forward to playing the last two games! :) ...and maybe other ios ports in the future? Until then, I will replay Legacy, Unbound and Convergence. And get a crush on Dani Marco's voice all over again. ><

Offline cityslicker7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »
Hello, I am also very much interested in the Blackwell series.

I was wondering the same, when the 2 remaining games will be available for download on the app store for IOS.. I understand it takes time and that you guys are busy with many things, I wish the best.

I'm a quite impatient person though , so I'd like to know when approximately they will be out if possible. Like say, by summertime or after? Thanks ;)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »
We're hoping around summer time. It's very difficult to say. From what I understand, several libraries need to be re-written just to make the port compile properly, and that's just to make it compile. It still might not "work."  According to Janet, there are two more libraries that need to be re-written. After that, it's bang it around till it finally works.

Fortunately, we've outsourced the front-end work on several games to make them touch-screen friendly. So once the port is working, we'll be able to release a whole bunch of games at once!

Offline Neurotica

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »
Expect my money whenever you guys release something. I want to support you guys. I frequently use Blackwell Legacy as an example in my serious gaming classes (I'm a university teacher on serious gaming) as an example of how good narrative, pacing and characters are more important than fancy graphics.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
Oh wow. Thank you! It means so much to hear stuff like that.