Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Unbound phonebook issue (spoilers!)  (Read 3974 times)

Offline gooby

• View Profile
Unbound phonebook issue (spoilers!)
« on: January 17, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
SPOILERS below!  Don't read if you don't want spoilers.
------------------------------------------------------------

edit: working now, see last post.

I am trying to enter Columbia University into the phonebook to get a location for Sam but the full name can't be entered into the phonebook input area. I've already associated his name with his father's, and looking up Sam Durkin in the phone book tells me he's not listed. I did a web search as I got stuck and didn't know what else to do. Various FAQs say to search the phonebook for Columbia University, but all of the text will not fit. There's no room for the y at the end.  Is this a bug or am I not supposed to search on that?

I'm playing the Apple store-purchased version on a non-jailbroken iPad 3 running ios 7.1.1

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:33:05 PM by gooby »

Offline Tigrou

• View Profile
Re: Unbound phonebook issue (spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
What about just "Columbia"?

Offline gooby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 01:03:26 PM »
I tried

School
Columbia
Columbia U
Columbia Univ
University
Columbia Universit
and I added a Y to the last one thinking maybe it was being added but just not appearing.  None of those things worked.

I'm surprised nobody else has reported being unable to enter the full name, so my guess is it's specific to the OS or I'm not supposed to search for the kid's school.

Offline gooby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
I went back and did some more notes viewing/combining and some more talking to Joey, after which I saw a popup appear about John and Sam. I then went back to try some more variations and eventually found that "Columbia" worked. Yay!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »
Been ill the last several days and didn't see this until now, but... glad you got it working! :)