Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Shivah sequel  (Read 21358 times)

Offline SSH

• Super Scottish Hero
    • View Profile
    • SSH's AGS blog
Shivah sequel
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:46:53 AM »
Any more info on the Shivah sequel hinted at on the AE event thingy? Can I suggest a story: Rabbi Stone uncovers that the whole Pearl Harbour bombing was a Zionist conspiracy and wrestles with the dilemma of whether to tell the world! It coudl be called "Torah! Torah! Torah!" ;)  ::)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shivah sequel
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »
Hi SSH,

There are a few designs that I'm working on, but nothing 100% hashed out.  My original plan was to start on Blackwell and then work on the Shivah followup when things got more stable.  Alas, Blackwell turned out to be a heck of a lot more work than I'd planned, so that didn't happen the way I wanted. 

The main thing I want to do with the followups is to bring the synagogue politics into it a bit.  In truth, the rabbi has little-to-no power in the modern synagogue, and they are always butting heads with the members of the board.  At least, the headstrong ones do. :)

There are two plots that I've been hashing out.  One involves the lost love of Stone's life, the other involves the murder of the president of the congregation.  Both will probably get made.  As to which one comes first (if either), that has yet to be seen.

After Blackwell is finished and released, I plan on taking the rest of the year off and hash out the designs I've been slacking on.  So come the new year we'll be raring to go.

Offline SSH

• Super Scottish Hero
    • View Profile
    • SSH's AGS blog
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 04:45:24 PM »
Thanks for the info, but you know I just wanted to make that terrible pun...

Chaya

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »
I think a sequel based on the murder of the synagogue's president would be GREAT!  Perhaps Stone could even be the detective's primary suspect.  I can hardly wait to see it.  And one on the rabbi's lost love would be cool too, as it would explain why he's single.  What dark secrets lurk in his past?  I'm glad to hear you're considering it.  I just love these old-fashioned text-based games. 

Chaya

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:46:50 PM »
... text based?

Chaya

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »
Ah, text games.  I see the term I used has some kind of computer techie meaning. 

Text.  Like Nomad, which I'm having a lot of fun playing.  There's dialogue and you have a choice of responses that you can make.  Your responses, and your actions throughout the game, determine the direction of the game and how the characters will respond to you.   But you know that.

pootscoot

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »
Are there still plans for a Shivah sequel?

The Blackwell series is great, but I just love The Shivah ;D

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 08:42:22 AM »
Oh yes, the benefit of hindsight. :)

I definitely plan on bringing back Rabbi Stone one of these days.  I had started to design one back in January 07, as I wrote in the post above, but I was really only doing it because there seemed to be a demand for it and not because I had anything stellar in mind.  After a month of realizing that I wasn't coming up with anything wonderful, I decided to keep going with Blackwell since I had already plotted out the game. 

I'm glad I did that, because in the last 1.5 years since then, I've come up with a neat multi-game story arc for Rabbi Stone.  Hopefully I'll be able to work on it next year.  The problem with too many ideas is that there's never enough time to do them all! :)

Offline Shane Stevens

• Don't be a putz, play The Shivah today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »
Rabbi Stone's muscles are so big Schwarzenegger is jealous.

Check out the latest concept design for the new graphic style:

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »
Holy crap, Shane.  That's brilliant!

pootscoot

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »
That's great news.

Thanks for the quick replies... now get back to work! ;)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
yessir! ;D

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »
I'm getting all mixed up here. I  posted a reply, then got a message saying another post had been made while I was typing and did I want to add to mine? Not really, but now I can't find mine so I guess I need to retype it, or will that result in 2 posts, maybe? Anyway, here goes:
Ah, what was it...oh yes...I would be very happy to play another Rabbi Stone game. I'm still waiting for Blackwell Convergence, of course. I'm also interested in casual games so I will be looking out for that game too.
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline pezhead53

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »
I know I'm digging up an old topic, but I was just wondering if you decided The Shivah was better suited as a standalone title or if a sequel is still on one of your (I'm guessing multiple) backburners.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
I get asked this a lot.  I sometimes think about doing one, but it's always because I know people want it and not because I have anything really amazing in mind.  If I ever come up with a good idea I'll definitely make it. :)