Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Really Tragic Ending...  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Skinsfan55

• View Profile
Really Tragic Ending...
« on: October 04, 2014, 01:38:58 AM »
All the Blackwell women died these horrible tragic deaths... now Joey is in New York with probably no money, no place to go, no ID, no job history and no marketable skills...

He's in the process of forgetting everything about his time with the Blackwells and as a ghost so that means he's forgetting his old life...

It just seemed like a really sad, unhappy ending. After discovering these games and binge playing them, I'm sorry to say I was a bit disappointed.

Offline Evo435

• View Profile
Re: Really Tragic Ending...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
Well presumably Joey has some kind of access to Rosa's finances and some way of identifying himself since he was able to get her cremated and was allowed to take her ashes afterwards.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »
Regardless of how you feel about the ending, I've always found it a bit interesting that the main worry about Joey is that he has no ID or papers. As if that is less preferable to being dead. :)

To assuage your fears - he had access to Rosa's apartment so at least he has a place to stay. He also had access to her credit cards and things. He's probably seen her use the ATM machine and learned her code. So I think he'll be fine. :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:18:50 PM by DaveGilbert »

Offline lmd1986

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
The ending was bittersweet

I'm sure Joey will be okay. It would be nice to see what he's up too every now and again :)

Offline Skinsfan55

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 04:22:20 AM »
I've always found it a bit interesting that the main worry about Joey is that he has no ID or papers. As if that is less preferable to being dead.

But isn't it?

I mean, as a ghost he's at least got one extremely close friend, never has to worry about the day to day struggles of life and he's got purpose and a job to do. As a man he's suddenly plopped into modern day New York City with nothing. He would probably have access to Rosa's apartment and finances but how many people do you know who have a month or two of rent saved up? He's going to have to get to work almost immediately... what does he know how to do besides being a tailor? Is he going to open a shop in the apartment? Who does he know? Everyone he's ever known is dead... so he's basically completely alone in life with maybe a few months of rent on the apartment and no skills, references or documents.

It just seemed like a really sad ending. I didn't think I was the type who wanted all stories to end happily with a neat little bow but after playing through the series I just was hoping for a different resolution is all.

Offline bigbangbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »
Sorry abot this necropost I don't want to spam a topic

It seems like Rosa's resurrection power does not undo legal death.
Financially short term Mr. Gilbert does seem to have an answer for that but does Joey live relatively long term to old age?

Also didn't one of the ghost mentioned something about forged IDs (although not the info about how to get them)?
That could solve the issue of Joey being an undocumented immigrant from the invisible.

Also the game said was an apartment so how long is Joey get to stay there until they figured out that:
1. Joey have no ID (if he does not find an ID forger soon).
2. Joey's name does not match the lease.
3. If it is a condo (as in they call it an apartment) that may not necessarily get transferred to Joey

Skinsfan55 in tvtropes we call that Fridge Horror where you figured out something wrong that is quite subtle

Maybe the Meltzer foundation could help if Joey can find out what they become.

If they can manage to switch the role of Rosa and Joey or focus on a new bestower the devs might be able to get the 10 games series originally planned

Is there any more bestowers because due to the reports of crying after the accident it seems like she did not set up an auto-bestow system.

Offline Perrectus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »
I just finished the whole series one by one in 3 days and it left me with that depressing feeling of emptiness.
When I heard joey's monologue about how he's just a gust of wind without Rosa,,, it was then when I realize how strong my emotional connection has become.
I guess this will go away sooner or later but now I almost fell like crying like a little bitch :D

Offline Nowhere Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 12:36:26 PM »
I too had tears in my eyes at various points when playing Epiphany, including the final moments...
I just hope he won't forget everything. Rosa made him a normal human, but - out of longing for her - he seems to wish having pychic abilities. On the other hand, Rosa began as a normal human too and her power awakened after Lauren's death. So perhaps it's not over for Joey. I thought that maybe roles could be switched with Joey as medium and Rosa as guide...
And he surely has a lot of ghost stories to tell. Rosa began publishing books, but was never succesful about it. Maybe he could take over the name "Rosangela Blackwell" as his pen name and keep writing ghost stories? Maybe he would even become better at it than Rosa was?...