Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Trying to buy Blackwell Epiphany  (Read 8100 times)

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
Trying to buy Blackwell Epiphany
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »
I have tried twice to buy Blackwell Epiphany and all I get is an email link to Humble something and then a link to steam. I don't have a steam key and I don't want one. I want to buy the game some other way, not using steam. Is that possible?
Just putting in my 25 cents worth, inflation you know.

Offline flesk

• View Profile
Re: Trying to buy Blackwell Epiphany
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »
Isn't there a link to download the game when you visit the Humble link? Humble Bundle usually allows you to download DRM free versions of games without registering.

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
    • Questzone
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
If you open your Humble Bundle library (https://www.humblebundle.com/home) - each game should have a 'Download' button on the right.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »
Hi Yuri,
I went to the link but it asks me to login, and I'm not a member.  So, do I have to sign up before I can get the game? I've already paid for it, that's how I got the steam link.

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
    • Questzone
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 09:39:12 PM »
sierramindy, but you did tell them your e-mail when buying, right?
Then try 'Forgot your password?'first, entering that e-mail address. If not, 'Creating an account' with that address should still set up the Humble Library for you with the already bought games present (I think).
Humble usually sends you an e-mail when buying from a widget, telling about passwords  etc. - but sometimes that letter is lost.

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »
Thanks, Yuri,
   for your help. I'm trying but nothing seems to work. When I tried to login I was able to enter my email address, but when I went to "forgot password?" I reached a "sign in" page, but there wasn't anything I could do there. I couldn't click on anything or type anything. The email from the Humble Store said to contact them if I had problems, but when I went to Humble and clicked on Humble Store all I got was a link to some free Warlock game. I'm not interested in any free games, or Warlock games, or any Bundles which seem to go all the way up to Bundle12. Looks like I'm finding everything but Blackwell Epiphany.

Offline flesk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 03:39:24 AM »
Again:

Isn't there a link to download the game when you visit the Humble link? Humble Bundle usually allows you to download DRM free versions of games without registering.

If you open the link in the email you got when buying it, you should see something like this:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:41:18 AM by flesk »

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
Hi flesk,
   Thanks for helping me with this very detailed explanation of the Humble link. My link doesn't have that middle white bar with the download button, there's a small white plain bar about a half-inch long instead and then the third bar with the Humble Store settings. It does have the top white bar with the click-here-for-steam-key message.
   So, something isn't working correctly ... is it my email program, or the Humble link is wrong, or my computer being too old ... or maybe all three?

Offline flesk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 06:17:35 AM »
Based on that description it sounds like you might have javascript turned off in your browser, because that's exactly what that page looks like to me if I turn it off in mine. Apparently the contents of that container are loaded with javascript.

I'm not sure which browser you have but I'm on Firefox 32.0 (Linux version) and I can toggle javascript by opening a new tab, typing in "about:config" (without quotes) and searching for "javascript.enabled" (again without quotes). If the value on that line is set to "false", you can right click it and choose "Toggle" to enable javascript.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »
So sorry it's taken me so long to see this. I was travelling all weekend and just got back last night. Slowly catching up on things.

Thank you, everyone, for trying to help Mindy out! Flesk seems to be on the right track. If you continue to have trouble, email me directly at dave@wadjeteyegames.com and I'll forward you on to the support folks at Humble. They are pretty good at responding when I bug them directly. :D

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 07:27:56 PM »
Many thanks, flesk, Yuri,
   for all the help. I feel like I'm in my own adventure game, you know, The Quest for Blackwell Epiphany. And I met 2 very helpful characters on my journey.
   Sorry, flesk, but I'm not computer-savvy enough to know if I have Firefox or not. I did have it at one time, but I seem to recall dropping it. In any case, I never change anything that has to do with the inner workings of my computer as I'm always afraid I will do the wrong thing and delete something that makes the computer work.
   Now I'm going to go directly to the guy responsible for all this, Dave Gilbert himself. It is all due to his great Blackwell Series that I am in this fix in the first place. Any other game and I would not have bothered with it. I have tried to forget it, in fact, but it is no use trying to talk myself out of playing yet one more Blackwell game. After which I will probably cry for days.
   I always cry when something good comes to an end and I don't want it to stop ... games, books, movies, tv series, and when my husband sold his last motorcycle. (I enjoyed riding in the buddy seat so much that it was hard giving it up, let me tell you.)

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »
This will be my final post on buying Blackwell Epiphany and the ending is good because Dave really went all out and emailed me a direct link to the game. So no more looking for dnld buttons. The game is now installed and I can go straight to my Start menu and click on it. I have been having a great time playing it. Rosa and Joey are so good together.
Once again, many thanks for all the help.

Offline flesk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 06:44:08 AM »
Glad to hear Dave got it sorted out for you. :)

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 04:12:10 PM »
Hi flesk,
  Yes, Dave certainly did, and I'm one happy camper ... uh, make that a happy gamer and Blackwell fan. So great seeing Rosa and Joey again!

Offline sierramindy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »
Finished playing Blackwell Epiphany and am having a very, very hard time saying goodbye to Rosa and Joey. It was one great end game!
Many thanks to everyone who had a hand in making the whole Blackwell adventure. I was hooked on it from the day when I first saw a screenshot of a scene in a park with a lonely, weeping ghost sitting on a bench. There was a girl and a ghost trying to comfort her. I saw that scene and I immediately thought "I have to buy that game just as soon as I find it." I didn't know the title or anything whatsoever about the game at that point in time, but I really knew even that early that it would be a great game. And I was so right! And then there were 4 more games to go, how great was that?