Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Legacy iOS bug report  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Festarossa

• View Profile
Blackwell Legacy iOS bug report
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
I just bought the Blackwell Legacy on iOS. The game halts every time when I try to smash the flask with stone. Music keeps playing and ghosts hovering, but there are no controls what so ever.

My system is iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.1 (11D201).

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Legacy iOS bug report
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:55 AM »
Hi! So sorry you are having issues. We are on vacation at the moment (get back on Saturday) but we will look into this when we get back.

Offline dzhena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »
I'm running into this exact issue as well. Smashing the flask with the stone appears to hang, with no options available from tapping or holding. The music and animations continue, but there does not appear to be anything to do from there

iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:13 AM »
Sorry for the delay! Janet's been ill and we currently have no child care, which has put a bit of a damper on our productivity!

One question - have you tried exiting out of the application and trying it again? I have one theory - that the "Deacon smashes flask" event occurred at the exact same time as another event that's supposed to happen, which froze the game. Did you try loading the autosave and trying again?

Offline guiff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:46:45 PM »
hey dave,

I'm having the same "smash the flask bug" and I tried both alternatives you gave (exiting out and loading the game in previous autosave) and none of them worked =/

Oh, forgot to mention: running on iPad mini retina 2, iOS 7.1.2

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
Thanks! Janet is aware of the problem. Our daughter starts day care next week, which will free us up to handle issues like this. But until then, we are both moving in slow motion. SO sorry about this. In the interim, you can still beat the game by not doing anything and just waiting for the Deacon to get zapped. You won't get the "best" ending (which is just a few alternate dialog lines) but you will be able to continue.

Offline phrostbyte

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »
Thanks! Janet is aware of the problem. Our daughter starts day care next week, which will free us up to handle issues like this. But until then, we are both moving in slow motion. SO sorry about this. In the interim, you can still beat the game by not doing anything and just waiting for the Deacon to get zapped. You won't get the "best" ending (which is just a few alternate dialog lines) but you will be able to continue.

i sent you a pm a few days ago and one last week as well.. can you take a look when you get a chance please?

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »
Janet here! Sorry about this. We've had a childcare crunch recently which has delayed fixing this bug. I'll be starting to work on it next Thursday (Aug 14th) and hopefully upload an update the week after. Apple usually take a week to approve it so it should be fixed early September.

As Dave says, to work round the bug, simply do nothing. The puzzle is optional, and you get a very similar ending no matter what you do :)

Offline Lyrisath

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »
Oh wow, I never even knew this was a thing. :o I always smashed the flask before it happened, I guess.

Offline Parax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »
I had the same bug. You clicked the flask on the ground without seeing it, right? You have to talk do the Deacon first and tell him to drop the Flask. Then you can smash it and it will work.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Oh so wait? You guy clicked on a "flask" hotspot but there wasn't an actual flask IMAGE on the ground?

Could all of you who encountered this bug please confirm? That will make this MUCH easier to fix!

(Eve starts daycare full-time tomorrow!)

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »
OK, our daughter is now in day-care so I have had time to fix this bug. I'll upload it to Apple - they usually take a week or so to approve it.

Thanks all, and sorry this took so long!

Janet