Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: SPOILERS - Some questions about epiphany  (Read 6299 times)

Offline Belleraphone

• View Profile
SPOILERS - Some questions about epiphany
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:00:20 PM »
so what happens to those souls that were killed by Madeline? are they beyond saving or were they saved when Madeline went into the light as well? plz answer dave

also when are we gonna find out about tomo

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILERS - Some questions about epiphany
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »
We were going to have tomo in this game but it got left on the cutting room floor at the early stages. So maybe someday!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »
I think Tomo has become one of the most heavily foreshadowed characters in history.

As for the other souls... I'd like to think they went into the light with Madeline.

Offline Mirabell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »
I finished the game today and I enjoyed it really really much!  :)
At the moment I'm a little sad because it was the last part,  I will totally miss Joey, Rosa, Lauren and their world, but I'm looking forward to your other games and will play all of them I don't know yet.  :)

But I have still a few questions....
1. Peter Fielding was dead, his sister clearly wasn't. So how could they talk with each other at the cemetery?
2. Why couldn't Joey leave? My  personal theory is that he could have go, but "deep inside" didn't want to, because he liked Rosa too much to leave her. I can live with that, but is that explained or hinted in the game somewhere?
3. Who shot Kendra? And why? She wasn't part of the Grace Group?

Thanks for this great game!

Offline pezhead53

• View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »

But I have still a few questions....
1. Peter Fielding was dead, his sister clearly wasn't. So how could they talk with each other at the cemetery?
2. Why couldn't Joey leave? My  personal theory is that he could have go, but "deep inside" didn't want to, because he liked Rosa too much to leave her. I can live with that, but is that explained or hinted in the game somewhere?
3. Who shot Kendra? And why? She wasn't part of the Grace Group?

Thanks for this great game!
\

1. Peter's sister was more talking to his grave, the way some people do when visiting dead loved ones. She didn't know his spirit was literally there listening, though she did take a lot of conveniently placed pauses.  ;)

2. It's never really said. I like to believe both Rosa and Joey subconsciously didn't want to leave one another, which prevented them from breaking the "bond" tying them together.

3. It seemed to me that Lia must have accidentally killed her. Being in tight quarters with an extremely paranoid gun wielder is not exactly the ideal place to be.

Offline jwalt10705

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 07:31:32 PM »
@ Mirabell  -  Regarding Peter Fielding, I was bothered with that conversation, as well. I've read through it several times, now, and most of the conversation works as his sister making general comments that merely sound like they're in response to Peter's lines. However, as the conversation winds down, it does seem like they're talking to one another. The writer may have gotten carried away.  ;-)  Or, maybe she has some latent talents as a medium. Maybe that's why she had her problems with drugs.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 07:41:28 AM »
re: Peter and Maggie
Maggie was definitely talking to Peter's grave, not Peter himself. She got a bit carried away as she got going. The character's positioning made it look like they were talking to each other, which was kind of the idea. When Maggie finishes her apology to Peter, she comes to her senses and is embarrassed about saying all this in front of Rosa. Which is why she runs off.

re: Who killed Kendra
That was Michael, who was controlled by Madeline. He killed George Ostin at the beginning, and he went after Lia as well. He shot at Lia but hit Kendra. Sorry if this wasn't as clear as it could be. :)

re: Why couldn't Joey leave
He just couldn't. Whether the bond prevented him, or he subconsciously didn't want to go, or a combination of the two, he just couldn't. I discuss it a bit more in the commentary, but that's the gist of it.

Offline Mirabell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »
Thank you, all of you! That helped a lot!  ;D

Maggie talking to Peter's grave makes really sense! I can even image that Maggie knew him so well that she would know what he would have said, and so the "conversation" works.

Michael, of course! I got it that he killed George, but I got confused with Kendra, because she wasn't in the Grace Group. It didn't occur to me  that the killer went after her mother.  :( Maybe I was too busy being sad about the little girl and her despaired father (wonderfully written!), so I didn't get it....

I will listen to the commentary mode soon, but I have to confess, as a Non-Native-Speaker it's  sometimes hard work for me to get everything in this mode, even if Dave talks in a really nice, understandable way, but I have to concentrate a lot, so I need a a lot of time. But it's a great idea, nevertheless!

Once again, a really great game, and I'm looking forward to the next games!