Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Bug reports for Blackwell Epiphany  (Read 35861 times)

Offline hulde

• View Profile
Re: Bug reports for Blackwell Epiphany
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 01:02:25 AM »
I need some help. To discover the identity of the woman living in Peter Fielding's apartment, i need to link the "Case #" file with the Karth one. But i don't have anything related to the Karth House on the cell phone, so i can't find out her name.
Is there any other way to discover who she is? I've exhausted all dialogue options with her, and tried talking to everyone else, but they know nothing.

Offline SamCarterX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 11:06:01 AM »
I need some help. To discover the identity of the woman living in Peter Fielding's apartment, i need to link the "Case #" file with the Karth one. But i don't have anything related to the Karth House on the cell phone, so i can't find out her name.
Is there any other way to discover who she is? I've exhausted all dialogue options with her, and tried talking to everyone else, but they know nothing.

Not sure if this belongs in the Bug report thread. Did you speak with the cop at the police station? He should have given you "Karth Case Files" on your phone. In any case, if you don't have that on your phone anymore/at all, there is another way to get the sister's name (in fact the two different  ways are known to produce a bug- aka duplicate cell phone entry- if you use both). Once you  have the "Case #" (technically her parole #) just go on back to the police station and give it to the cop to look up.

Offline hulde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »
Not sure if this belongs in the Bug report thread. Did you speak with the cop at the police station? He should have given you "Karth Case Files" on your phone. In any case, if you don't have that on your phone anymore/at all, there is another way to get the sister's name (in fact the two different  ways are known to produce a bug- aka duplicate cell phone entry- if you use both). Once you  have the "Case #" (technically her parole #) just go on back to the police station and give it to the cop to look up.

I went to the cop, nothing i say to him makes him give me the "Karth Case Files" . The only two other places i can go to, aside from my home, the police department, and Fielding's apartment, are the gym and Grace School. And i obviously can't enter the gym without the card.

Peter's ghost doesn't know much, and Michael doesn't know anything about Peter. So what can i do? Even if there is another way, which i can't find, the fact that the Karth File isn't on my cellphone can be considered a bug, can't it?

Offline SamCarterX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »

I went to the cop, nothing i say to him makes him give me the "Karth Case Files" . The only two other places i can go to, aside from my home, the police department, and Fielding's apartment, are the gym and Grace School. And i obviously can't enter the gym without the card.

Peter's ghost doesn't know much, and Michael doesn't know anything about Peter. So what can i do? Even if there is another way, which i can't find, the fact that the Karth File isn't on my cellphone can be considered a bug, can't it?

You misread part of my post. There are two ways to find the Fielding sister's name:

1) compare the "Case #" file to the "Karth" file
2) Go to the police station and have the cop look up the "Case #" file'

have you tried the second one?

Also, just to be clear, the "Case #" file you are referring to, is the one you get by having Joey look at the papers in Fielding's apartment, right?

Offline hulde

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »
You misread part of my post. There are two ways to find the Fielding sister's name:

1) compare the "Case #" file to the "Karth" file
2) Go to the police station and have the cop look up the "Case #" file'

have you tried the second one?

Also, just to be clear, the "Case #" file you are referring to, is the one you get by having Joey look at the papers in Fielding's apartment, right?

Yes, i did the second one. When i do that, Rosa says:
"If i gave you a parole case number, could you look up who it belongs to?"
and the cop says:
"I can't, no, sorry".

And yep, it's from that paper Joey looks at the apartment.
Thanks for trying to help, all i want is to be able to finish the game! : (

Offline Breyer600

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »
Double check the messages on your phone and look for one from Durkin that mentions Meehan and the photo you found.  The Karth case notes should be available at the bottom of that message - just click to download them.  I don't think there's a way to miss the message - I just did a quick run through to that point without talking to Durkin about Mary at all and still got the message after the interrogation.  If it's not there then it must be some sort of bug.

Offline hulde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 10:56:31 PM »
Double check the messages on your phone and look for one from Durkin that mentions Meehan and the photo you found.  The Karth case notes should be available at the bottom of that message - just click to download them.  I don't think there's a way to miss the message - I just did a quick run through to that point without talking to Durkin about Mary at all and still got the message after the interrogation.  If it's not there then it must be some sort of bug.

Oh god man, i love you. That's what playing the game without a good night sleep gets you. I had already read the message, but forgot to download the case notes. I have a lot of experience with adventure games, so i just assumed i was right and that the game itself was wrong for not letting me proceed, how arrogant of me. I'm just too stupid, i'm sorry for wasting your time people.

Thanks anyway, i owe you one. : D

Offline Breyer600

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 11:46:26 PM »
No problem, we've all missed something like that a time or two.  In fact, the reason I thought that might be the problem was because I had forgotten to do the same thing on my second playthrough and spent some time wondering why it wasn't showing up in my notes before remembering that I hadn't actually downloaded it.  ;)

Offline Yuri

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 12:18:14 AM »
One more little bug: in void, when Rosa is looking and commenting on something, she is once shown wearing not her black coat, but a white shirt (like in the hospital).

And 'Softly Softly' achievement is still bugged for many of us - 221 steps and no achievement (neither in game nor in Steam)...

Offline mbncd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 02:49:51 AM »
Near the beginning of the game, Rosa and Joey knew what Grace was before I did.

Minor spoilers and puzzle solution mentioned in below description of bug, sorry I couldn't think of a spoiler-free way to phrase it.

I'd picked up the note about the clothing drive but hadn't yet talked to anyone. It took me a moment to twig that someone may have new conversation options based on the note so I returned to Rosa's apartment to think and chat with Joey.

I'd exhausted all conversation topics with everyone (prior to picking up the note) and thoroughly searched every location, so I was momentarily stumped. In a moment of laziness, I asked Joey for a hint and was told exactly what Grace was, when previously the characters had been asking who Grace was, as had I.

I then went back and found the new dialogue option and found out at the same time they did something they already knew.

I call clairvoyance or shenanigans or bug!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 04:33:01 AM »
Hi everyone! Dave here. We've been on vacation the last few weeks and haven't been able to reply as fast as normal. We ARE reading these posts, and marking them down. Because of the AGS save incompatibility issue (which makes save games between versions break unless we are very very careful) we are being very conservative about patches. Since each patch needs to be tested pretty carefully to ensure saves don't break, we plan on releasing one big patch instead of a bunch of little ones. We will start this process when we return home on the 21st.

Thanks and we are happy you are enjoying the game! (Despite the bugs that slithered past)

Offline mbncd

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 05:41:06 AM »
Enjoy your well earned vacation Dave ^_^ And thanks for answering several of my questions in the launch party.

There were a few other little bugs I came across but I didn't note them down and am having a hard time remembering what they were... Will add them to the list when I remember >_<

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
I'm going to be working on a patch soon-ish (probably starting next week) so please report any bugs here!

Offline londonfan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 04:24:13 PM »
Apart from the known steam achievement bugs, the only bugs I encountered were the occasional scene where Joey and Madeline became non-transparent, and Joey cloned once while exiting the gym.

I took screenshots whenever I spotted it on my second (with narration) playthrough.

Offline Sslaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 05:01:04 PM »
Certainly in the case with Kendra, the transparency is intentional. Unavoidable, and some people have noticed it (it's been commented on before), but intentional.