Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Setup Files Corrupted  (Read 3427 times)

Offline TooCuteTopaz

• View Profile
Setup Files Corrupted
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:29 PM »
Hello, I just purchased Epiphany today and it takes forever to download since I use Chrome. It'll say (3 hours...2 hours...etc.) But when it's done, it says "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." Does this mean the copy I bought is defective? I don't want to spend my money twice, I just don't know what's going on. Please help. I've waited all long for this game and I am itching to play it.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Setup Files Corrupted
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »
Did you try downloading a second time? If you were having trouble downloading, it sounds like the version you have didn't download properly. How big is the file?

Offline SamCarterX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:41:43 PM »
Also, the download speed probably doesn't have much to with Chrome, but rather whichever source/server you downloaded from and perhaps even your own internet connection. I use Chrome myself, and had no issues with the download.

But yeah, like Dave said, try redownloading it. Probably just didn't download right.

Offline TooCuteTopaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 02:01:03 AM »
Don't worry, problem solved. It turns out that I didn't install steam. Once I did that and downloaded the game once more and it worked!

So, I stayed up till 2 AM playing the game. Holy crap, that ending!