Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Thank you to Wadjet Eye, Dave Gilbert and everyone! [possible spoilers]  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Chrome

• View Profile
Though I probably ruined my working day tomorrow I just needed to finish Blackwell Epiphany first.

Simply amazing. So I just wanted to say thank you for bringing the series Full-Circle. Thank you for the top-notch Commentary! (especially the one about Neshanti which kind of confirmed connection the the Shiva) Thank you for (...) whose role I wont mention but I still loved to see again! Thank you for the hard work and millions of litres of coffee you must have drunk!

I will look forward to the next Wadjet Eye game and hope to hear from you gyus for years to come!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you so much! :D

Offline EranaIsMyGuide

• View Profile
Hello,
I haven't finished it yet,  :( not enough time, but I love it so much so far! I just played the Shivah on my android so i got a kick out of seeing the Lauder's apartment. I love the scenes with Madeline and Jocelyn. I always wanted to learn more about them, and Joey of course. It has such depth to it! I'm just sad it is the last one.

Thanks So Much

Offline Peter Leon

• View Profile
Hello All,

Iīve finished The Blackwell Epipany an hour ago. Thanks to all the people who made this game.
Of course the end gave me goose bumps, but there was much more to the whole thing than just that: One of the most touching moments was, when I read all the prayers in the book at grace church. Yes - Iīve wept. For your better understanding: My favourite uncle died a months ago, and I coulnīt attend his funeral because my dammed boss didnīt give me a day off. My mother will go to hospial to have surgery performed on her spine next monday. And, best of all, I lost my job two weeks ago. My boss - the one who didnīt let me attend my uncleīs funeral - fired me. I feel pretty lost at the moment. The prayers in the book are similar to my own these days.
I am married and have of two sons: Philipp is fouteen years old, Markus, the younger one, is four. Can you imagine what I felt like, when Joey discovered Kendra? Sure. Any father can.
I donīt want to be mistaken: I am not interested in anybodys sympathy, so please do not comment on my personal situation.
Playing through the game gave me a feeling of beeing understood somehow. It was made by people, who know how much crap life can hold and how it feels to live on hope and a prayer.That is true, isnīt it?
When Joey said, he liked the feeling of beeing alive, I couldīt hold back a smile. It was my best moment since weeks.
Thank you for the game, or should I say experience?
No matter what - just thank you.

Peter

Offline DonRex

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • North By Sound | Audio Productions |
This forum should have a like-button for when people request no sympathy, but write a damn good post that touches the people reading it!

I can't take credit for the prayer-book, but I can certainly relate to your story. Thanks a lot for sharing it, Peter.

Thomas.

Offline Akari

• View Profile
Just finished the game for the first time. I'm deeply impressed. I think it's the first time I ever cried over a game ending. For me they were like interactive movies and I became so attached to the characters like I knew them personally.
All these games were wonderful and I am very sad that this is the end... But I want to thank Dave Gilbert and Co for this wonderful experience. Thank you, this was amazing.

Offline Sir_Eric

• View Profile
I just have to add to this: I finished Epiphany right now. played through it in one sitting after replaying all your previous Blackwell games over the last week...and thanks to your games, this shitty week was bearable. I honestly love your series and I have to sincerely thank you for these games and especially for Epiphany. It was just perfect.
So, thank you!

Offline Low_Pressure

• View Profile
Just finished Epiphany and i have no words to describe how beatiful this is, how i love the music (oh, this sax, it's stuck in my head!), the art, the story, the characters, this myphone search function and all...

Thank you, WadjetEyeGames for the games you're doing. Sadly, there's not so much of them there, but, i guess, it only multiplies their value.

P.S. As far as i remember, i cried after the all Blackwell's endings.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 05:17:36 PM by Low_Pressure »

Offline LiK

• View Profile
I just finished it. OMG, this was so sad. I loved how everything tied up altho I'm really sad Rosa is gone. Job well done. The VO was so excellent and the writing was your best to date. I know it's the last game but I want MORE.