Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Epiphany Crash  (Read 4371 times)

Offline ThatNickGuy

• View Profile
Blackwell Epiphany Crash
« on: April 24, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
So I've been obsessively making my way through Epiphany when the game crashed.

SPOILERS for anyone that hasn't played it or hasn't gotten far into it.

I was speaking with Michael about everything - after going outside and talking with Madeline - and tried to go upstairs. He pulled his gun, there was some dialogue and I believe the game crashed right at the end of this portion of dialogue. This is the error I received:

"An error has occurred. Please contact the game author ofr support, as this is likely to be  scripting event and not a bug in AGS (ACI version 3.21.11115)

in 'room48.asc', line 16
from room 48.asc', line 979

Error: Error running function 'repeatedly_execute_always':
Error: Null pointer referenced"
It's a surreal feeling, but my first novel is now available to buy at Amazon. Go look for The City of Smoke & Mirrors by Nick Piers.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Epiphany Crash
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »
We will look into it! There is an auto save which should take you back to the beginning of this area. You don't need to perform that action to complete the game, so if you don't repeat it you should be OK.

Offline ThatNickGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:03:30 PM »
Found another crash bug. Spoilers again for anyone that hasn't played it.

This is during commentary mode. After Rosa is released from custody and you're back in her apartment, 'ol Dave pops up and says something to the extent of "There's a new icon/object that will pop up in a moment..."

Aaaaand that's when the game crashes. I missed what the error message says, BUT I noticed when I went back into the game and skipped Dave's commentary dialogue, the icon slides in as planned and then more of Dave's commentary comes up.
It's a surreal feeling, but my first novel is now available to buy at Amazon. Go look for The City of Smoke & Mirrors by Nick Piers.

Offline dsaltmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »
Just wanted to say that I've run into exactly the same bug at exactly the same time. I won't try to go upstairs again as you suggest.

Offline MurrayTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:05:47 AM »
To make it easier for playtesters to give precise, concise, and structured bug reports, a lot of developers turn to public bug trackers. Some are run by the developers themselves, others are run by the community, with the developers participating.

100HomeRemedies.com
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:22:35 AM by MurrayTaylor »
Sub Keh Do.

Offline JanG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »
So I've been obsessively making my way through Epiphany when the game crashed.

SPOILERS for anyone that hasn't played it or hasn't gotten far into it.

I was speaking with Michael about everything - after going outside and talking with Madeline - and tried to go upstairs. He pulled his gun, there was some dialogue and I believe the game crashed right at the end of this portion of dialogue. This is the error I received:

"An error has occurred. Please contact the game author ofr support, as this is likely to be  scripting event and not a bug in AGS (ACI version 3.21.11115)

in 'room48.asc', line 16
from room 48.asc', line 979

Error: Error running function 'repeatedly_execute_always':
Error: Null pointer referenced"

Thanks for the very detailed bug report! I've been trying to fix this for the iOS version and I think your report may have helped me :) It's hard to reproduce though.

Found another crash bug. Spoilers again for anyone that hasn't played it.

This is during commentary mode. After Rosa is released from custody and you're back in her apartment, 'ol Dave pops up and says something to the extent of "There's a new icon/object that will pop up in a moment..."

Aaaaand that's when the game crashes. I missed what the error message says, BUT I noticed when I went back into the game and skipped Dave's commentary dialogue, the icon slides in as planned and then more of Dave's commentary comes up.

I can't reproduce this at all :(