Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Pre-Order party stream problem  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Hollow0n3

• View Profile
Pre-Order party stream problem
« on: April 24, 2014, 03:23:44 AM »
I preordered the game a couple days ago, managed to activate it on steam but unfortunally the party stream will not work for me because you picked youtube for it.

Live Streaming ist wegen Rechteproblemen in Deutschland leider nicht möglich.
Das tut uns leid.

Meaning, if you had used twitch it would have worked for me.  :(
And since I am in germany I also get to look at the reviews and can't install the game yet despite seeing that at least one person already got to play it.  ???

Offline McSpain

• View Profile
    • GamerGlobal
Re: Pre-Order party stream problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 04:43:21 AM »
Hi, fellow german blocked people:
You could use a plugin like proxtube (To German Instructions)

It installs some ad-software so you should delete it tomorrow. But at least I can reach the stream with it tonight.

Oh. And if there will be no official chat tonight i welcome all to our gamersglobal community chat. Everybody is welcome. Will post a link later if Dave is fine with it. (Staying up all night I could use some company ;) )
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:49:04 AM by McSpain »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:47:56 AM »
Thanks for the tip, McSpain! I will link people to this post if they have trouble.

Offline Miranda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
Hi McSpain - there will be a bit of a delay between the video and people typing questions and comments, but it should be possible :)

Offline Whimbrel

• Bearstower of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 02:00:31 PM »
So far I haven't received any kind of email about where to find the livestream. Should I be worried yet?

Offline Miranda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
Edit: Whimbrel- Send me a PM and we'll figure it out :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:24:13 PM by Miranda »

Offline Hollow0n3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »
The party seems to be happening right now, unfortunally the fix does not work at all for me. I did get to see the countdown till you started.
I *really*  hope this gets recorded and added to the humble page later, since it seems I stayed up for nothing now.
Errors. Not fun.  :(

Offline Miggel16

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »
So I use proxtube to watch it in germany, but is there some extra chat or so, because I can't see it and I can't write comments on the stream too. :(

Offline McSpain

• View Profile
    • GamerGlobal
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »
So I use proxtube to watch it in germany, but is there some extra chat or so, because I can't see it and I can't write comments on the stream too. :(

Same problem here too. Can watch the stream put don't know how to chat. :(

Offline Terra_Ex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »
The party seems to be happening right now, unfortunally the fix does not work at all for me. I did get to see the countdown till you started.
I *really*  hope this gets recorded and added to the humble page later, since it seems I stayed up for nothing now.
Errors. Not fun.  :(
These things happen unfortunately, I didn't even receive an email invite myself, probably because I didn't preorder until 30~minutes before 12:00 last night (I forgot and thought I'd already already ordered it). Still hoping the session is recorded and will be uploaded later to the humble page.

Offline McSpain

• View Profile
    • GamerGlobal
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
Okay. Got into the chat. It is actually blocked for germans as well. If you use a plugin like stealthy you can switch it to france or italy and the chat is enabled.

Offline Hollow0n3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 03:29:16 AM »
The Party seems to be over but the link to the stream is now the link to the recorded stream.
THAT I can watch, and if one has a plugin for that one can DL that as well.
Not as fun as actually beeing able to watch and chat with you nice folks but I guess I'll have to make do with this.  ???

Offline McSpain

• View Profile
    • GamerGlobal
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 03:40:23 AM »
The Party seems to be over but the link to the stream is now the link to the recorded stream.
THAT I can watch, and if one has a plugin for that one can DL that as well.
Not as fun as actually beeing able to watch and chat with you nice folks but I guess I'll have to make do with this.  ???

Due to a technical problem there was a second session which you can watch here. For Downloading from YT I use the Firefox-Plugin "FlashGot". It gives you a little downloadbutton in the upper toolbar when you watch a YT-Video.