Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Suggestion for Blackwell Games & Question about Party instructions  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
Hello Dave, I'm looking forward to playing the final installment to your series. I already pre-ordered it. I had a suggestion to the game if you ever do plan to release a hard copy of the game. One of my favorite puzzles in Blackwell Deception was the part where you put Rosa's Glow-in-the-Dark business card in the mailbox. My idea was to maybe have a limited edition copy of a real Rosa's Business card & that would actually glow in the dark like in the game. I was just wondering if that was a creative idea for a collectible? Well anyway Look forward to the new game. Lastly I'm looking forward to the Blackwell Epiphany launch party—streamed live. But I never done it before. Will there be instructions to it so I don't miss it? Thank you very much for the games!

Offline Miranda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for Blackwell Games & Question about Party instructions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »
Hi Darkwolf,

If you haven't received an email with instructions on how to see the live stream, you'll be getting it before the event :)

Having a special bundle with little extras like business cards is definitely something to consider.

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »
Thanks. I was worried I'd miss the party. Been looking forward to it for weeks. Also my girlfriend who loves glow in the dark stuff gave me the idea about the card. I hope Dave at least sees my idea. I'd love to here his opinion!

Offline Lyrisath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
I'd be awfully tempted to keep a glow-in-the-dark Rosa Blackwell business card in my wallet. :D

Speaking of ideas, a thought struck me the other day. I doubt you'd ever do it, but it's been rattling around in my head for days:

There's an iOS/Android game called The Walk - it's a mission-based first-person audio story that unlocks as you walk around with the phone on you (accelerometer/GPS). You start a mission, and then walking for real unlocks parts of the story that you can listen to through your headphones. It's meant to be a kinda motivation to get out and get some fresh air/exercise.

The thing is, you take on the role of a character in the story, so the characters' voices are not only talking to each other but also to you, and while I was out it suddenly struck me how it was like hearing people that no one else could, which made me think of the ghosts in Blackwell.

Cue a fantasy in which I could be strolling around town as evening falls, listening alternately to the dulcet tones of Joey's snarky wit and a quiet background rendition of the Blackwell theme, all the while slowly unravelling a Blackwell mystery in the app.

A girl can dream. :P

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
Well Although I do not own an android phone or any type of Iphone.  I think that does sound like a nice idea. I did see on Law and Order SVU a episode I believe that had a game on this persons phone like that. Technology is moving to fast for me. Anyway I still haven't received a email about the party information. I hope to get it before tomorrow. I don't want to miss it. Someone who knows please send details on it. like time,site,etc. Thanks!

Offline Miranda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »
Darkwolf- Sorry, I had my facts mixed up. The link will be going out tonight :)

Offline Darkwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »
No problem. Thank you for the heads up!