Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Will there be Blackwell series on iOS in the future?  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Eternal Knight

• View Profile
Will there be Blackwell series on iOS in the future?
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
I haven't play any one of Blackwell series yet, but since the Shivah and the Gemini Rue on iPad are so amazing (though the Shivah's story is a bit short), I'm planning to save money (as a Senior 3 student who don't have much spare money) to buy the whole series in this summer vacation.
Then here comes the question: will there be renew versions of the game on the iOS platform?
I must admit that playing your game and especially on the portable platform are quite enjoyable.
So I really looking forward to finding out the answer.
Hope you can see this post.

And, here are some words for the staff of Wadjeteyegames.

Your games' quality are much better than some of EA's games, though don't have the newest graphics, but your games truly have their own spirits and interesting stories. This is really valuable in such a commercial monopoly era.
Though I haven't save enough pocket money and time to enjoy your other games yet, but I'll keep supporting Wadjeteyegames.
If I have the chance, may be in the future (when I am in college) I can try to make Chinese patches (at leaset translate the text and write them down in the txt files)for your game and upload to the forum or to you directly. Then I can tell my friends who are not so good at English to enjoy your games.

Really thank you for creating such vintage and impressive AVG games for us!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:37:20 AM by Eternal Knight »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Will there be Blackwell series on iOS in the future?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:45:21 AM »
We definitely plan on bringing the Blackwell games to iOS! The first three are almost ready and we plan on rolling out the final two around summertime.

As for translating... we've gone down that road before and it never worked out too well for us. Perhaps one day!

Offline megazver

• @captainperson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »
Are you going to do any remastering, like the Kosher edition?

I've been bugging my friends to play the Blackwell games because I've enjoyed them so but I've had trouble deciding which one to recommend as an introduction, because Legacy's beginning up to the point where Rosa finally meets Joey and starts Mediuming just feels somewhat... rougher than what I perceive to be the general quality of the series.

In the end, I ended up telling them to check out Deception first and play the rest of the games afterwards, but you can't really tell "hey, play the fourth game first, then the rest of them, but keep in mind the first one starts out a little rough" your paying customers.

Super excited for Epiphany, by the way. (And a little sad. But it's a good kind of sad.)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »
I don't plan on remaking them. The remake of the Shivah was made more by necessity then anything else - those original tiny sprites were the size of postage stamps on an iPhone! - and it's hard to see the value in doing a remake otherwise. The Shivah was a small game and we made NO changes to the story or code, so it was very simple to do. As much as I'd love to do a proper remake of Blackwell Legacy (I'm aware that it's rougher then the rest!) it would just be too much work with not very much benefit. I once did a small revamp of it - replacing the original voice actress with Rebecca Whittaker and cleaning up some of the audio (those awful awful breath pops) - but I'm not going to go all George Lucas on it.

Offline megazver

• @captainperson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 12:39:11 PM »
Joey shot first!