Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Epiphany demo  (Read 12454 times)

Offline Livie

• View Profile
Blackwell Epiphany demo
« on: April 09, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »
Well, I've just played the demo, and it was spectacular! I loved the "snow storm" transitions. And Joey!  :o

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Epiphany demo
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:32:01 AM »
Thanks Livie! :)

Offline epmode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »
Dave, is there any chance that the demo's save will be compatible with the full release?

Offline susansuth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:23:27 PM »
I loved it!  The graphics look spectacular.  I've already been anxiously awaiting Epiphany (and alternatively being very sad it's almost over).  I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.  (And  :o Joey, indeed!!!!)

Oh, and Jocelyn is going to be a VERY interesting person to follow.  (I already am making my guesses about her.)

A question, too, that I was wondering about.  The spirit guides...I'm assuming that Joey wears an outfit (as a ghost) that either he died in or that was typical of what he wore in the era he lived in.  Does that go for Madeline, too?

Can't wait for the full game to come out!  I may have to go replay the demo in the meanwhile.

Great, great job!

Susan

P.S.  I am really going to miss Joey.  :(

Offline Jim Gamma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:37:30 AM »
That demo raises even more questions! I don't want to spoil but I will say the Joey/Madeleine interactions just got way more intriguing, given that end tease.

Not long now...

Offline Chrome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:48 AM »
At first I thought I could wait another month for this, but those last 3 minutes!!!
Absolutely perfect  ;D
*Must buy immediatly*

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 06:39:34 AM »
At first I thought I could wait another month for this, but those last 3 minutes!!!
Absolutely perfect  ;D
*Must buy immediatly*

Exccellllent.

Offline JustRay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
I played it last night but now I wish I didn't. Oh the ending was so good and I must play it.

Quick question are any easter egg search terms in the demo? I tried blackwell,Dave Gilbert, Primordia and Shivah but I got nothing
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:51:17 AM by JustRay »

Offline Pregnant Orc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »
I played it last night but now I wish I didn't. Oh the ending was so good and I must play it.

Quick question are any easter egg search terms in the demo? I tried blackwell,Dave Gillbert, Primordia and Shivah but I got nothing
There is one for the artist who did the sprites and backgrounds.
There is also another for a recurring character who is related to both tech and easter eggs.
Search terms cheat sheet for the above:
Ben Chandler
Tomo

The demo was a great tease.
Three points about it though.
If you "look" at the coffee while interacting with the brick wall there is no voice dialog. I assume it's missing since the text is different the regular street "look" interaction.
If you look at the doorway to the broken stairwell with Joey the voice is in much poorer quality than the rest. Is it still Abe or maybe a remaining temporary sample?
There is an effect when touching the edge of the text boxes. A slight ripple or stretch effect that I think would look nice in most cases but on large resolutions such as 1920x1080 it looses a lot of the effect and just becomes blurry as it is stretched over to much of the screen. If it is an easy fix could this be toggle-able in the full version?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
Regarding that "stretching." Try running the winsetup.exe file in your game's folder, and try setting the graphics filter to "2x nearest neighbor filter". Let me know it that works (or if the game refuses to run!)

Offline Pregnant Orc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »
It runs fine on that setting. The effect looks much better
It made the overall game a lot clearer for me as well so I'll probably run the final game using it.

Offline Miggel16

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »

Quick question are any easter egg search terms in the demo? I tried blackwell,Dave Gillbert, Primordia and Shivah but I got nothing

There should be something if you search for "Dave Gilbert" (only with one l not two.) :)

Offline Sslaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
Also: Chris Jones.

Offline JustRay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 11:07:49 AM »
I checked chris jones and Dave Gilbert lol.

After playing the GOG demo I so waiting for this game to come out. The cliffhanger isn't has good as the normal demo but it would of been hard to top that one.

The only thing I didn't like was the map but I have always liked that old Broken Sword 1 type maps

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 07:20:25 AM »
Well, the free demo was created to make you buy the game (hence the tease!). If you played the GOG demo, it meant you already bought it so I didn't have to tease you as much. :D