Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: move the savegames from windows to mac?!  (Read 2908 times)

Offline n1ete

• View Profile
move the savegames from windows to mac?!
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:15:48 PM »
Hello i bought the humble indie bundle version and startet to playing on my windows computer at home, now i am planing to play it when i travel and it would be nice to have the progress on my Retina Macbook (10.9). but it doesnt seems to work if i copy the agssave.001 files from windows to in the folder where the saves are stored at the mac. I can see them ingame but when i try to load some of them it crashs to desktop! any ideas? Thank you so much for your help!

great game btw!!

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: move the savegames from windows to mac?!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:47:55 AM »
Sadly it is not possible to move the save games from one platform of the game to another. The Mac version uses a heavily modded version of the engine so it won't recognize save games from the PC version and vice versa. Sorry about that.

Offline pasqualtroncone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »
Even so. Saved games saved from the Humble version won't load either. I also have the mac version game from the bunlde and it crash when I try to load my own saved games. But Autosaved games can load just fine.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
So just to make sure I understand: you save the game using your Mac, and you get an error when you try to load the savefile on the same Mac? You mentioned transferring files before so I want to make sure that isn"t the case here.

Offline pasqualtroncone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:36:52 PM »
Positive. I just download the game yesterday. I tried the game today in the moning before I crashed in to bed.

Later today I wanted to pick up the game where I left, but it crash when I try to load it. That is why I ended in this forum.

Anyhow, I made another test (now that I'm not a zombie) and I piked up form the autosave game and saved another file with a different name to make my point valid. But is working fine. So I can only come with the following conclusion. Either:

- the game can generate corrupt files in certain situations. For example: saving in some scenes would corrupt the file because the scene code would not be wrote correctly to the file.

- the engine have some problems on mac ports. So we could search for similar problems in other games that are ported to mac that base the same symptoms.

- could be my computer. System or hard rive that is getting on the way. (I hope not because is my daily use computer. MacBook 2008. MLion 10.8.4. 4gb ram).

I think I save the game for first time at Matt apartment, but I'm not sure.

I made a .zip file with the saved game folder so you can look it up for further troubleshooting. But I can't upload it here.

The folders should contain:
"AUTOSAVE" <-- Good.
"edificio" <-- this is the one that crash the game.
"saveTest" <-- Good. Late test made for this post.

Happy New Year