Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Steam version is broken?  (Read 2963 times)

Offline RealNC

• View Profile
Steam version is broken?
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:21:24 PM »
Hello.

I installed the Steam version of the game in Linux and Windows (I dual boot between the two often.) It seems the graphics are broken in Linux. For example, I'm not seeing the rain in the beginning of the game. In Windows it works.

However, I then installed the stand-alone Linux version (GeminiRue_Linux_1387306558.sh). This one works correctly. The graphical effects are there, both in the 32-bit as well as the 64-bit version.

OK, normally that would be perfectly fine for me. However, since I use Windows and Linux interchangeably, I would like to play in Steam in Linux too, so that I can load my save game in Windows (and vice versa.) With the stand-alone Linux version, this doesn't work.

Since the stand-alone version works correctly, this has to be a fixable bug for the Steam version. Is this game still supported and can we see a fix for this?

Thank you.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Steam version is broken?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 01:23:06 PM »
Hi. Is the rain effect not there ONLY on the main menu? Or does it not display anywhere in the game?

That said, a fix has been discovered over on the Steam forum.

Offline RealNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »
Hi. Is the rain effect not there ONLY on the main menu? Or does it not display anywhere in the game?

That said, a fix has been discovered over on the Steam forum.

The rain is missing even after starting the game. So it's not just the title screen.

On the URL you posted, I'm not seeing a fix. What do I change? Do I edit something?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
The linked page has a link to the fix! :) Sorry. It has something to do with flagging the build as the windows version in order for the plugin to display the rain effects correctly.

Sadly, I don't use Linux myself so I can't really give terribly good support. The port was made by the Humble Bundle guys, so if you continue to have trouble, contact them at support@humblebundle.com

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:32:02 PM »
Good news! We figured out the problem. We'll try and get an update uploaded today.

Offline RealNC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
This is great! Thanks guys.