Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Getting closer...  (Read 19289 times)

Offline Rocka3030

• View Profile
Re: Getting closer...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 03:42:38 PM »
Keep up the great progress Dave  :)

As much as I love the other 4 Blackwell games, Epiphany is going be an awesome game & cant wait for another successful work of art !!!!

Also is there going to be a playable demo before the game will be released?

Offline Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
There is usually a playable demo, and I'm going to be on the bandwagon if there is!! Can't wait!
Great games Dave and WEG!!  ;D

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
There will be. Yes!

We'll be officially announcing the game next week, so stay tuned.

And yes, I just announced our announcement. :)

Offline ciearams

• *Don't touch that, we don't know where you've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »
I think I almost pee'd my pants! I... AM... STOOOOOKKKKKEEED!  ;D
C_arya.stark

Offline Rocka3030

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »
Hooray for the awesome news!!!!

WTG Dave & Thanks for keeping us diehard Blackwell fans posted  8)

Offline autumn1103

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 04:15:58 PM »
Will it be available on Big Fish Games?  That is where I got all the previous games.  Love the Blackwell series.  Thank you for all of your hard work on them!  :-)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 05:46:02 AM »
Sadly, it won't be available on BFG. I found myself unhappy with their price structure (insisting all games be sold for the same low price, regardless of content)  and the royalty rate the give to developers is much, much lower than their competitors. So to sell on BFG I'd have to lower my price and get a lower royalty rate on top of that. When they enacted that policy, it stopped being worth it for me to sell on there.

Offline jkuci

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 04:48:42 PM »
Wow ...bittersweet.

I'll miss possibility that the Blackwell series would continue into the future forever.  Obviously unrealistic of me... but there you are.

On a commercial note: I'll be one of the first in line to buy.

THANKS!!!!

Offline Lyrisath

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 01:34:03 AM »
First I want to say that I am super stoked for Epiphany. I adore the Blackwell series, and the interactions between Rosa and Joey are pure gold. Joey's voice work in particular is perfection. (And I am a sucker for ghostly sidekicks.)

But mostly what I came here to say was that, despite how much I would love the prospect of more Blackwell games, I have immense respect for a developer who can look at such a popular series and yet still have enough creative integrity and respect for both it and their playerbase to say "this is a good and narratively satisfying place for the story to end" and end said series properly and with dignity.

So many series are just milked for all they're worth these days, and in such a crowded and competitive market I'd expect even (especially?) a small developer to cling on to any successful franchises they happen to generate for as long as they can. But you haven't. That, and the Blackwell series itself, give me ample faith in you to stick with you and purchase whatever game you turn your efforts to next, because I am sure it will be superb.

Thank you. :)

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:49 AM »
Thank you so much! And yeah, there are several reasons why I decided to end it here - all which essentially boil down to "it's just time." But since it's the last one, we're going all out. Almost insanely so. I can't wait to show this thing off.

Offline Chrome

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
OMG the reveal trailer was awesome, the screenshots too (eep Madeline!!!)
This will be so good I know it! looking forward to the end of this story.

Offline Farnsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 11:07:38 AM »
Hello everyone,

first of all I'd like to say thanks to Dave - you produce awesome games, and by now I own your whole catalog. And enjoyed every single game I have played from that so far! One question regarding the coming Blackwell game though - what is your stance on an LP directly after release? From some other post on the forum I can see that you are pretty relaxed about this kind of thing. But of course that might be different for a new release, so I'd like to ask for permission. I'd love to do this in a small forum I am a member of, which as far as I know is not crawled by Google and friends.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »
Yeah, I have no problem with it at all!

Offline Farnsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 05:13:31 PM »
Awesome, thank you! Hope the pre-sale makes you rich beyond your wildest dreams!

Offline Senter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »
There will be. Yes!

We'll be officially announcing the game next week, so stay tuned.

And yes, I just announced our announcement. :)

I just saw the pre order and that is really exciting news. I would pre-order from your website, but I sort of don't use steam and am a big time GOG lover. Is it possible to get the game on GOG through pre-order as well through your website, because I'd totally do that instead. If that is not possible then I will still get it from GOG when it is available there.