Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Legacy notebook error  (Read 4873 times)

Slytail

Blackwell Legacy notebook error
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:34:39 AM »
I just downloaded the Blackwell Bundle from Steam today and started playing.  However, right after I got the notebook in Legacy, I managed to crash the game by bringing up the notebook, and then clicking outside the notebook area.

I have managed to make the game crash (on purpose) several times this way.  It seems to only happen after selecting the notebook from the top of the screen, by the inventory, but not while talking to someone about notebook items, nor looking notebook items up on the computer.

The error message:
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.21.1115)

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 548

Error: Error running function 'btn_notes_Click':
Error: Script appears to be hung (a while loop ran 150001 times). The problem may be in a calling function; check the call stack.

Offline Cyreb

• View Profile
Re: Blackwell Legacy notebook error
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 02:16:41 AM »
I just finished the game for the first time, but this bug drove me nuts and really made the game almost unplayable. Every time I made a breakthrough, I would get caught up in the game and accidentally click to the left of the notebook and invariably crash the game, pulling me out of the game and making me mindlessly click through until I reached the point I was at. This bug really needs to be fixed and very nearly ruined the game for me.

Steam version with the exact same error message as OP.