Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: "Alum", new point-and-click adventure kickstarter  (Read 4213 times)

Offline bangerang101

• View Profile
"Alum", new point-and-click adventure kickstarter
« on: June 20, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »
Hello,

We (me, my brother, and my girlfriend) are currently working on a brand new "point-and-click" adventure videogame called "Alum", and we thought this forum might be an appropriate place to promote our kickstarter.

Anyway, we have launched the kickstarter for it, and are looking for any and everyone we can to help back it, and to spread the word about it because the date is coming close and still need alot of backing to reach our goal.

It ("Alum") will have the same “feel” as the classic sierra/lucasarts classics... but w/ our own original world, a more serious/intense story (but not too serious... given the nature/feel of these games and low res graphics), puzzles, etc. and a unique look/style... but we feel if you're a fan of those 90's era adventure games, we feel you'll definitely love our game.

We are doing hand-drawn, digital BG artwork and animations (@320 x 200 resolution), and Micah is doing the programming, art, and everything else... and we are all collaborating to make the music in the game as well (including live instruments, singing, ect.). The game will be made available exclusively for digital download on PC, but we have a few other rewards to go along w/ the game/kickstarter.

Being that we are a newly formed "studio", we are going to need all the help we can get to get the project funded... So check out the kickstarter and if theres is any way you think you guys could help, we would deeply appreciate it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11227813/alum-a-sierra-lucasarts-style-pointandclick-advent

thanks so much in advance for any help/assistance you guy can offer.

cheers!

- Luke

Offline MarkYohalem

• View Profile
    • Wormwood Studios
Re: "Alum", new point-and-click adventure kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
Hi Luke,

Just wanted to let you know that the Wormwood Studios / Primordia team backed Alum.  It looks like a neat project, and I hope it pans out (whether it gets funded or not).

Best regards,

Mark
Wormwood Studios
Writer / Designer on Primordia

Offline bangerang101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »
Mark!

Thanks so much your support and for your encouraging words. I just recently bought "Primordia" and have been really enjoying it. You guys did an incredible job on that game... my hats off to you. Really captured the essence of what makes this genre so great, which is exactly what we are trying to do with "Alum". Also, I love the sort of spiritual backstory from Primordia (the whole humans as creators thing), really gets you thinking deep. Love it.

thanks again

- Luke 

Offline ciearams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »
awesome
CiearaMS

Offline Findswoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
Are you still accepting donations toward this game? I'd be glad to contribute a little something. It looks like fun (not to mention that one of the characters appears to be a namesake of mine :) ).