Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Blackwell Unbound Inventory Error  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Asrai

• View Profile
Blackwell Unbound Inventory Error
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »
I recently discovered the Blackwell series and I can't wait for more.  I went though all four games in short order and now I'm playing them again with commentary, unfortunately, I've encountered a glitch that has stopped me dead in my tracks.  I don't really want to move on to the Convergence commentary until I've finished the Unbound commentary, but I'm stuck.

*spoiler*

At the end of the Unbound, when I need to use the Lit Cigarette from Lauren's inventory on the Countess, it just won't work.  Every time I try to click on it I just get a wait icon which then turns back into the regular arrow cursor, not into the Lit Cigarette icon... so then I can't use it on the Countess.  I'm really not sure what the problem could be since I had no trouble with it the first time around.  I've tried a few things like turning the commentary off again, turning speech off, playing from a slightly earlier save, exiting the game, running the game as an admin... so far no luck.  Any ideas?

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell Unbound Inventory Error
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
Strange! This was a bug that appeared during testing - which was about six years ago, now! - and hasn't come up again since. Try right-clicking on an empty spot before you click on the inventory. That "resets" the cursor and it should hopefully work normally.

Offline Asrai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
Success!  :D  I can't believe that in all of my attempts to find work around I didn't try right clicking.  Thanks for the help.  Leave it to me to uncover rare and elusive bugs.

Offline JakeBerghs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:07:11 AM »
I recently discovered the Blackwell series and I can't wait for more.  I went though all four games in short order and now I'm playing them again with commentary, unfortunately, I've encountered a glitch that has stopped me dead in my tracks.  I don't really want to move on to the Convergence commentary until I've finished the Unbound commentary, but I'm stuck.

*spoiler*

At the end of the Unbound, when I need to use the Lit Cigarette manufactured by
ecigs manufacturers from Lauren's inventory on the Countess, it just won't work.  Every time I try to click on it I just get a wait icon which then turns back into the regular arrow cursor, not into the Lit Cigarette icon... so then I can't use it on the Countess.  I'm really not sure what the problem could be since I had no trouble with it the first time around.  I've tried a few things like turning the commentary off again, turning speech off, playing from a slightly earlier save, exiting the game, running the game as an admin... so far no luck.  Any ideas?

Well friend bit old thread but I am facing similar problem.. Were you able to find some solution.. I hope you will reply..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:56:30 AM by JakeBerghs »

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »
Hi Jake, Have you tried the right-clicking solution, as mentioned above?

Offline Rutsuku Fushin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 03:51:19 PM »
I know this is an old topic, but I think it may be interesting for you, Dave, to know that I discovered how to replicate this bug when I was testing my speedrun route (yeah, I speedrun Legacy and Unbound. I will try the three next games after).
Sorry for my bad english, I'm not an english speaker native.

I try to explain step by step :

1 - You must only see Isaac's ghost once before freeing him.
2 - You have to do everything to learn about Mavis and Isaac.
3 - Don't take Jake's call (during the phone ring, I search Columbia University, The New Yorker and Jambalaya Records and put in connexion Sam and John Durkin). Also, the music in Lauren's flat isn't playing.
4 - Visit only once Joseph Mitchell (so he can tell you about Isaac's sister and Sam's present)
5 - Free Mavis first (it's very important)!
( You may visit Johnny Ivory to have the duet piano's part if you didn't do it before freeing Mavis)
6 - When you go to see Isaac's ghost for the second time (to free him), there is not the Countess! (very interesting for speedrunning, as we don't lose some seconds to skip the dialog)
Free Isaac and she will be here, as normal.

Then, you can play normally again.
Every run when I didn't see the Countess near Isaac's ghost always caused this bug.