Wadjet Eye Games

Author Topic: Steam Trading Cards  (Read 5711 times)

Offline ceildric

• View Profile
Steam Trading Cards
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:35:11 PM »
I'm not sure if Steam has contacted you (or if you've otherwise become aware) but they have implemented a trading card system within the last month that is just starting to take off.  I personally have become quite excited by the whole project and have been trying to collect all of the cards that I can, and know there are others that feel the same.

The idea, for those not familiar, is that while playing a game you will periodically "find" a card (it will be added to your Steam inventory without interrupting the game in any way).  There is a maximum number of drops for each game (roughly half of the total cards in the set).  You acquire the other cards in the set by trading or by buying from other players on the Steam marketplace.  Completing a set lets you craft a badge, and acquire a profile background and an emoticon, each featuring art from the game whose cards you collected.

I bring this up because I would love to see more of my favourite games among the growing list of those which are taking part, and the Wadjet Eye games would be near the top of my list.  I am sure being among the games with trading cards will prime interest in your games for the Steam summer sale, and drive some extra sales your way.

I hope this will be considered, and either way, keep up the great work and thanks for sharing such wonderful gaming experiences.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Trading Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »
Just to update - we are looking into these. Will update when we know what's what!

Offline Loerwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »
Just to update - we are looking into these. Will update when we know what's what!
Apologies if bumping is a big no-no, but I'd just thought I'd ask whether there's been more progress? I know Epiphany is coming along and taking up what time the little 'un isn't, and I think you'd be daft *not* to go with cards for Epiphany considering how successful the system has been, not to mention the extra income it generates.

I think if you did Primordia, Resonance and Gemini Rue in the run up to Epiphany, it would also provide a little marketing boost. Perhaps.

Offline DaveGilbert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »
Sadly, we haven't even looked into this yet. We'll probably go with cards for Epiphany, and they roll them out for all our other games. In our defense, this has been one of the most distracting years on record. We had a baby in May and we've moved four times in the last three months (long, boring story). With things being so crazy, we can only focus our time where it's needed most - making the games! :) Once things settle down more we'll be doing things like trading cards.

Offline Loerwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:42:07 AM »
That's completely understandable. Chances are I probably wouldn't get the Steam version (GOG for me, unless you do a boxed version), but I would think that trading cards for Epiphany at least would be a great idea.

But hey. It's all in the future. :)